by Julia Malunga on 12 Dec 2019by Julia Malunga on 12 Dec 2019by Tenson Mkhala on 12 Dec 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 12 Dec 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 12 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Dec 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 10 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 10 Dec 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 12 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Dec 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 9 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 6 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Dec 2019
by Diggers Editor on 12 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Dec 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Julius Kapembwa (PhD) on 5 Dec 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 4 Dec 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Nov 2019by Dr Chishimba Mubanga, MSc on 22 Nov 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 9 Dec 2019by Sampa Kabwela on 23 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019
Lusaka bus conductor in court for stealing ‘Hungry Lion’By Zondiwe Mbewe on 26 Feb 2019
A 17-year-old bus conductor of Lusaka’s Kaunda Square Stage Two has been dragged to court for allegedly stealing a pack of Hungry Lion chips, cellphone, pair of headsets and K450 cash, among other properties, all valued at K2,410.
The juvenile offender, who is charged with one count of aggravated robbery contrary Section 294 (2) of the Penal Code Chapter 87 of the laws of Zambia, is alleged to have stolen the said items, while armed with a screw driver.
Particulars of the offence allege that on January 9, 2019, in Lusaka, the juvenile, while working together with others unknown and armed with a screwdriver, stole one Venus cellphone, a pair of headsets, an iPhone wrist watch, one pack of Hungry Lion chips and K450 cash, all together valued at K2,410, property of Gunduzani Banda.
It is alleged that immediately before or after stealing, the juvenile used or threatened to use actual violence in order to obtain the said items or overcome resistance for them to be stolen.
The matter was allocated to Lusaka Magistrate Ruth Kapulo, on Monday in the absence of the accused.
The juvenile offender, however, is expected to appear for explanation of the charge before the matter can be committed to the High Court.
Meanwhile, a 37-year-old security guard of Kalikiliki Compound has appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court for defiling a minor.
In this case, Ndumba Kayombo is charged with defilement of a child contrary to section 138 (1) of the Penal Code Chapter 87 of the laws of Zambia.
It is alleged that on December 18, last year in Lusaka, Kayombo had unlawful carnal knowledge of a girl under the age of 16.
The matter has been allocated to Magistrate Faides Hamaundu.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Mimbula, Moxico fight injunction which restrains Milingo from selling KCM mining rights - 12 Dec 2019
- Tutwa obtains stay of defamation judgment - 11 Dec 2019
- Lusaka family sues state for false imprisonment - 11 Dec 2019
- Court restrains Lusaka woman from defaming lawyer - 11 Dec 2019
- It’s fair for someone to mistake my NRC for the President’s, Edgar Lungu tells court - 11 Dec 2019
- Don't be used by UPND to get diplomatic jobs, Mumbi tells Diggers journalists (2,956 views)
- Mukula smugglers are in govt, cartel members are exposing each other (2,396 views)
- Ba Davies Mwila boss, nga imwe? How did you lose Chipili seat? (1,781 view)
- UPND explains Mpulungu shooting incident (1,755 view)
- Power export to Zambia dependent on our surplus production - Eskom (1,596 view)
- Kapata to sue Diggers for publishing Mukula smuggling cartel
- Homosexuality exists in Zambia, no one chooses to be born gay - Sacika
- Don't be used by UPND to get diplomatic jobs, Mumbi tells Diggers journalists
- PF blames minister for Lupososhi loss, demands his resignation
- Power export to Zambia dependent on our surplus production - Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend