- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lusaka man gets 1 year for hitting colleague with pool stick in tavernBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 27 Mar 2019
A 47-year-old man of Lusaka’s John Howard Compound has been sentenced to one year imprisonment with hard labour for assaulting another man in a tavern using a pool stick.
The victim sustained a fracture on his right hand side.
In this matter, Davy Sansalimba was charged with one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, contrary to section 248 of the Penal Code Chapter 87 of the laws of Zambia.
Particulars of the offence were that on September 16, 2018, in Lusaka, Sansalimba assaulted Jevas Phiri, thereby, occasioning him actual bodily harm.
The accused had pleaded guilty and the matter came up before Magistrate Thandose Chabala, Tuesday, for facts and sentencing.
Facts in this matter were that last year on September 16, around 10:00 hours, the accused was drinking beer at Timwenge Tavern commonly known as ‘Delta’, in John Howard.
But as the complainant, Jevas, was chatting with his friends, the accused followed him and hit him on his face.
When Jevas fell down, the accused, Sansalimba, got a pool stick and hit him on the right hand side where he sustained a fracture.
The people who were around rescued the complainant and apprehended Sansalimba and took him to Chawama Police Station.
Asked whether the facts were true and correct, the accused responded in the affirmative.
In mitigation, Sansalimba asked for forgiveness from the complainant.
He added that he had a big family, which he was looking after.
Sansalimba said he was also taking care of his school-going children.
But passing her sentence, Magistrate Chabala said she had taken into account the mitigation by Sansalimba as well as the injuries sustained by the complainant.
She eventually sentenced him to 12 months’ imprisonment with hard labour with effect from the date he was arrested.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt - 21 Aug 2019
- Former Chreso VC sues University Council for libel, demands K1m dues - 21 Aug 2019
- 2 Lusaka men get 8 months for stealing shoe polish from Shoprite - 21 Aug 2019
- Simataa files notice of appeal against High Court’s decision to grant Kamanga an interim injunction - 20 Aug 2019
- Lungu’s trying to “legally” rig 2021 polls using Constitution Amendment Bill – Chifire - 20 Aug 2019
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,569 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (1,423 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,090 view)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (925 views)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (909 views)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend