- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
We’ll now give Musenge more charges because of indiscipline, says KambwiliBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 30 Apr 2019
National Democratic Congress leader Chishimba Kambwili says the party is contemplating giving Mwenya Musenge more charges because of his statement that the NDC had withdrawn its membership from the Opposition Alliance.
Speaking to journalists at Lusaka Magistrates’ Court shortly after making an appearance in one of his matters, Monday, Kambwili said he regarded Musenge as his brother, adding that the latter had differed with the party not him.
“There’s never been a problem between me and Mwenya Musenge. Mwenya Musenge has differed with NDC, the party, not me. So, there is nothing to resolve between me and Mwenya Musenge, I regard him as a brother. We have taken our action, we have given him a position as chairman of traditional affairs, witchcraft etc. If he doesn’t want that position, it’s up to him, but the party moves on and life continues,” Kambwili said.
However, Kambwili charged that it was indiscipline for Musenge to be issuing statements concerning the party alone, adding that NDC was thinking of giving him more charges.
“But I think party rules have to be followed and discipline has to be instilled. There is no way somebody can stand alone to go and say: ‘we have pulled out of the Alliance, we are going to the dialogue process!’ when the party has not resolved through its central committee. So, all that is indiscipline and we are now thinking of giving him more charges pertaining to those statements that he is issuing! And if he is supported by [Stephen] Kampyongo and them, so be it, we will meet them head on,” he added.
Meanwhile, the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court adjourned the matter in which Kambwili is charged with contempt of court to May 30, 2019, as the witness who is on stand is unwell.
In this matter EPP leader Chilufya Tayali alleged that Kambwili tampered with evidence in a case in which the latter is facing three counts of forgery, uttering false documents and giving false information to a public officer.
Particulars of the offence are that Kambwili on March 6, 2018, in Lusaka, did cause an obstruction or disturbance in the course of judicial proceedings by lodging documents at PACRA to alter the details and records of Mwamona Engineering and Technical Services, which were subject of active judicial proceedings.
It is alleged that the changes made were particulars of the two directors namely; Mwamba Chishimba and Carol Chansa, of which Mwamba Chishimba was changed to Mwamba Kambwili and Carol Chansa to Carol Chansa Chipande.
However, when the matter came up for continued trial before Magistrate Nsunge Chanda, Monday, the State informed the Court that it was unable to proceed with trial as their witness who was on stand, was indisposed.
The State then applied for an adjournment to May 30 to which the defence did not object.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Soko not entitled to any of his claims, RTSA tells court - 21 Feb 2020
- Kambwili has the right to criticize govt, ZNBC staffer tells court - 21 Feb 2020
- ConCourt throws out LAZ’s application to jail Tutwa for contempt - 21 Feb 2020
- Court orders release of IMS boss’ passport - 20 Feb 2020
- $1m claim in costs by Rephidim, 2 others is inflated, says Vedanta - 20 Feb 2020
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus (7,632 views)
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country - Kampyongo (7,137 views)
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington (6,911 views)
- Disband Religion Ministry, Sumaili's actions border on lawlessness (3,456 views)
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG (3,262 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- Africans must stop tolerating corrupt leaders, urges former SA minister
- 8 Ndola women appear in court for seditious practices
- A new phase of financial sector development in Africa
- Police nab 9 more gassing suspects
- God hates such useless prayers!
- We hope ACC has done its homework on Chilufya – TIZ
- IMF won’t bailout Zambia – Hamududu
- Govt still owes agro dealers K781m, Katambo tells Parley
- Close schools if govt can’t guarantee children’s safety, insists NAQEZ
- Opposition using people to bring confusion – Kampyongo
- Lusambo’s $100,000 loan offer to Kabushi teachers an insult, says UPND aspirant
- I love dealing with animals because they don’t talk – Luo
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend