by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Ex-ZNFU employee sues union over salary arrearsBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 May 2019
A former Zambia National Farmers Union (ZNFU) employee has sued union president, Jervis Zimba, in the Lusaka High Court over unpaid salary arrears, leave pay and gratuity amounting to over K300,000.
In a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court principal registry, May 8, Godwin Mumba stated that he had sued Zimba in his capacity as president of ZNFU, an entity which was registered under the Societies Act Chapter 119 of the Laws of Zambia.
Mumba explained that he worked for ZNFU between September 2014 and August 2017 on two contracts that ran consecutively.
He claimed that of the K549,373 salary arrears, leave pay and gratuity that he was entitled to, ZNFU had since August 2017 only paid him K150,000, leaving a balance of K389,373.
Mumba further claimed that ZNFU had neglected to settle the outstanding sum despite numerous and repeated reminders, adding that as a result of ZNFU’s default, he had suffered loss.
“The plaintiff was on completion of his tenures with the defendant entitled to salary arrears, leave pay and gratuity in the sum of K549,373.44. The defendant has since August 2017 paid the sum of K150,000, leaving a balance of K389,373. The defendant has despite numerous and repeated reminders refused or neglected to settle the outstanding sum,” read the statement of claim.
Mumba is now claiming payment of K389,373 plus interest, as well as, costs and any other relief the court may deem fit.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them - 13 Sep 2019
- Judge Nkonde asks ConCourt to dismiss M’membe’s application for review of costs - 13 Sep 2019
- If Nevers is allowed to lead the party, there’ll be no MMD, witness tells court - 13 Sep 2019
- Man in court for defiling wife’s sisters, infecting them with HIV - 13 Sep 2019
- Man whose dogs killed boy committed to High Court for trial - 13 Sep 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,622 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,606 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,463 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,310 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,266 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend