- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 25 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 25 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
2 cops, businessman in court for aggravated robberyBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 8 Aug 2019
Two police officers and a businessman have appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court on an aggravated robbery charge involving over US$68,000.
In this matter, Bugster Himuyaba, a 32-year-old police officer of Chilanga; Charles Mwanza, a 29-year-old police office of Kamwala South and Robson Chungu, 36-year-old businessman of John Haward are charged with aggravated robbery.
Particulars of the offence allege that on July 6, this year, the trio jointly and whilst acting together with other persons unknown and whilst armed with a pistol, stole from Ilyas Patel US$68,200 cash.
The suspects also threatened to use actual violence on the said Patel in order to obtain or return or prevent resistance from the money being stolen.
When the three appeared before Lusaka Chief Resident Magistrate Lameck Mwale, Wednesday, for explanations of the charge, he explained them that would not take plea because the offence was only tried in the High Court.
The suspects will continue appearing before magistrate Mwale until instructions are issued by the Director for Public Prosecution to commit the matter to the higher court.
The suspects remain in police custody.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt - 25 Aug 2019
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit - 24 Aug 2019
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president - 24 Aug 2019
- ConCourt has jurisdiction to hear my petition, submits Lundazi Central losing candidate - 23 Aug 2019
- Pathologist testifies in ritual killing case - 23 Aug 2019
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other (2,010 views)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt (1,452 view)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (1,062 view)
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (973 views)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10 (829 views)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend