- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Man gets 6 months for beating wife’s loverBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 29 Aug 2019
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has sentenced a 38-year-old builder of Mtendere township to six months imprisonment with hard labour for beating a man he accused of having sex with his wife.
In this matter, Peter Bwalya was charged with assault and had pleaded guilty.
Particulars of the offence were that on August 6 this year, in Lusaka Bwalya assaulted Moses Mfula and occasioned him actual bodily harm.
The matter came up for reading of facts on Tuesday, before Lusaka magistrate Nsunge Chanda.
Facts before court were that on the material day around 16:00hours, the complainant Mfula, left his house and went to the market to drink beer, but while at the market, he met Bwalya who dragged him and asked for money for allegedly sleeping with his wife.
And when Mfula said that he didn’t know anything about the issue, Bwalya started beating him by punching and slapping Mfula who sustained cuts on the left eyebrow and a swollen eye.
He was only restrained by a passersby before he reported the matter to the police.
And in mitigation, Bwalya asked for forgiveness from the court saying his actions were wrong and that he had learnt a lesson the time he had been in custody.
He asked the court not to send him to jail as he was fending for his wife and children.
However, magistrate Chanda sentenced him to six months imprisonment with hard labour.
When she had earlier asked if Bwalya’s wife was in court, he said she wasn’t.
Magistrate Chanda then said she wished his wife was present because she was the one that caused the problem.
She said if Bwalya’s wife was being found with other men, it meant that she no longer wanted him, adding that the convict could not go on fighting men everywhere he went.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Pilato asks Lungu to relax sanctions against Prime TV - 31 Mar 2020
- Lubinda breaks down as he recalls being slapped by PF cadre - 31 Mar 2020
- ZCCM-IH to appeal High Court’s decision to dismiss fraud case against FQM, 6 others - 31 Mar 2020
- Provide protective clothing to all health workers fighting COVID-19, MQHZ urges govt - 31 Mar 2020
- We need lockdown asap – Magande - 30 Mar 2020
- Zambia's COVID-19 cases jump to 35 (28,185 views)
- Govt identifies Chaisa, Jack Compound, Ibex Hill as COVID-19 hot zones (27,688 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (14,506 views)
- High Court keeps Spax in jail (10,402 views)
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29 (7,366 views)
- COVID-19 leaves PF general conference in limbo
- Correctional Services mulls release of inmates due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Swabs have become a rare commodity, laments public national health institute
- Katuka denies ordering youth punch-up at UPND secretariat
- MISA asks ECZ to expedite dismantling of 2016 debt owed to media houses
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Send this to a friend