by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga and Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
High Court strikes off Kopakopa’s lawsuit against LeganaBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 7 Nov 2019
The Lusaka High Court has struck off the matter in which a clinical medical student had sued Legana Meat Products and Pick ‘n’ Pay Supermarket, claiming damages for nausea and excessive vomiting after allegedly consuming a Hungarian sausage that had appeared to be a used condom.
Lusaka High Court Judge Elita Mwikisa struck off the matter from the active cause list on October 31, this year, due to non appearance of parties.
“Due to non appearance of the parties, herein, the matter is struck off the active cause list with liberty to restore within seven days from the date, herein, or else it could be considered dismissed,” Judge Mwikisa ruled.
Meanwhile, Messrs Zulu and Company have withdrawn from representing Kopakopa in the matter.
The law firm also withdrew their representation of Kopakopa and her partner Eric Nhandu, a police reserve, in another matter where Legana Investment Limited had sued the two, claiming damages for defamation of character for accusing it of producing sausages contaminated with condoms and human flesh.
According to notices of withdrawal as advocates issued on November 4, this year, Messrs Zulu and Company explained that they had ceased to act for Kopakopa and Nhandu on October 2, after they were informed in writing that the two had appointed Tutwa Ngulube and Company to represent them in the matter.
In this matter, Kopakopa, who claimed that she went into convulsion after consuming a Hungarian sausage, further wanted an order from the Court that Legana Meat Products be advised to produce sausages in conformity with the general standards, among other claims.
In a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court Principal Registry, Kopakopa had stated that on August 3, this year, she purchased a 1Kg Hungarian sausage from Pick ‘n’ Pay at Makeni Mall and kept the said sausages in the freezer for three days.
Kopakopa claimed that on August 6, she fried one or two sausages, but when she tasted one, she encountered what appeared to be a used condom, which contained some meat inside.
She further claimed that the meat, which surrounded the condom, appeared like human flesh to her.
Kopakopa stated that upon consuming the same, she went into convulsion, stress, fear and, ultimately, excessive vomiting.
“As a result of the above, Kopakopa went into rage to a point, whereby, she had no option, but to alert the members of the public through a video on social media of the danger and fear she encountered by consuming the product of Legana Meat Products,” read the statement of claim.
Kopakopa stated that when she went to seek medical attention at Kabwata Clinic, doctors diagnosed her and found that she was traumatized.
She further claimed that the excessive vomiting and stomach upset led to the inflammation of ribs.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- ConCourt grants M’membe withdrawal to review costs ordered on him over Post liquidation - 15 Nov 2019
- Lusaka man gets 60 years for aggravated robbery - 15 Nov 2019
- Govt didn’t obtain the people’s views on Bill 10, Mwitwa tells ConCourt - 15 Nov 2019
- Police slap Kabwe trucker with 12 charges of causing death by dangerous driving - 14 Nov 2019
- CK gets another defamation of the president charge - 14 Nov 2019
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses (8,321 views)
- DEC arrests Amos for corrupt practices (1,796 view)
- I am ready to face DEC, says Amos (1,605 view)
- Court awards K3.3m damages to family of ZAF officer who died in police custody (1,139 view)
- KCM workers, exam pupils hospitalised in Chingola after inhaling toxic gas from Nchanga Mine (1,065 view)
- Chief Mukuni urged people to vote UPND in 2016, reveals Commission of Inquiry
- Enemies want to divide us as we get to 2021 – Lungu
- PF rule has no respect for human life – ZCCB
- Load shedding, kwacha depreciation slashing business performance – BCI
- Govt will get $2.03bn loan from China for Chipata-Serenje Railway project, reveals Minister
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal!
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend