- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
We are ready to conquer COSAFA-ChambeshiBy Nelson Kazeze on 16 Dec 2016
U-20 coach Beston ‘Quick Silver’ Chambeshi says his team is ready to conquer COSAFA with a victory against hosts South Africa today in the regional youth championship finals.
Speaking ahead of the grueling encounter to be played at Moruleng Stadium this evening, Chambeshi said his team had prepared adequately and was ready to continue its dominance in the region with a record 11th title.
He said the technical bench had psyched the players in readiness for the final and expressed confidence that his lads would do the country proud.
“We have done our best; the team is in good shape and a win will be important to ensure we gauge our strength ahead of the U-20 AFCON championship that we are hosting next year,” Chambeshi said.
He added that his team had sharp strikers but was wary of South Africa’s attacking front-line which has scored 15 goals in the team’s race to the final, without conceding a goal.
Zambia on the other hand have scored twelve, conceding only two and keeping two clean sheets in the process.
The final will also see in-form Fashion Sakala challenge South Africa’s Luther Singh for the Golden boot award. The latter is currently on four goals with the former on five.
And South Africa’s U-20 head coach Thabo Senong said his team was ready to maintain its perfect performance at the tournament.
He however noted that the final was going to be explosive given the prowess of both teams at the tournament.
“Zambia is a strong team with good players. We are also using the tournament to prepare for the U-20- AfCON hence facing a team like Zambia is a good preparation for us,” said Senong.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- 3 Zimbabwean women in court for stealing food from Pick n Pay
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend