- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zesco United players pledge to fulfill targetBy Nelson Kazeze on 30 Jan 2017
ZESCO United FC players have made a collective pledge to fulfill the team’s targets during the 2017 campaign.
Speaking when club CEO Justine Mumba addressed them over the weekend, the players declared their readiness to make the club a powerhouse of both Zambian and African football.
Newly signed Congolese defender Marcel Kalonda said the players were ready for the challenge and would ensure they delivered silverware.
Zesco captain and goalkeeper Jacob Banda implored his teammates to possess discipline.
“I think the first thing is discipline from us to achieve our targets in terms of silverware. Our aim is to win the league and the Barclays Cup,” said Banda.
And seasoned Zesco United Midfielder Kondwani Mtonga said the team would “beat the standards it set last season.”
Kenyan international Defender David Owino urged his teammates to have a passion to represent the club.
“As a team, we have to win all the cup’s that are on offer and as a player, we have to be the best to help the club.”
The Five-time champions are embarking on reclaiming the MTN/FAZ Super league title they relinquished in the 2016 to Zanaco.
Zesco will compete in the 2017 CAF Confederation Cup where they be hoping to beat the standard they set for Zambian clubs in the 2016 CAF Champions League when they reached the semifinals of the competition.
Addressing the players on Saturday January 21 in Ndola, ZESCO United FC CEO Justine Mumba warned the players not to relax adding that Zesco United had a reputation to maintain as a big club.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend