by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 20 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
New Twist: Mayuka stays at ZamalekBy Nelson Kazeze on 31 Jan 2017
2012 AFCON Golden Boot winner Emmanuel Mayuka’s woes at Egyptian club Zamalek have taken a new twist with the club confirming that the striker will stay at the club.
This was after the player and his agent met cub president Mortada Mansour yesterday.
The club, which initially wanted the Zambian striker out for allegedly being AWOL, are understood to have failed to meet their financial obligations after the misunderstanding with the player.
The player’s close ally, who sought anonymity, said Zamalek had no money to pay the player for the termination of the contract and that they were forced to rescind their decision.
“They [Zamalek] wanted him out but had a challenge because they could not settle the amount of huge money that would come as a consequence of terminating his contract signed a five-year contract and is one of the highest paid. So, the burden was too big for them they had to find a solution which was to keep him,” said the source.
Reports indicted that the Zambian was on the verge of making a move to Russian Premier League side Zenit St Petersburg but his agent and Zamalek could not agree on mutual terms of letting Mayuka leave the Egyptian club a year after joining and signing a five-year deal.
Mayuka has failed to find his feet at the Egyptian club which has seen him warm the bench for the club.
Mayuka has since joined his teammates today as they prepare for the Egyptian Super Cup against Al Ahly to be played next month.
About Nelson Kazeze
Nelson Kazeze is a Zambian multi-skilled journalist with an emphasis on sports news.
Email: nelson [at] diggers [dot] news
- New Twist: Mayuka stays at Zamalek - 31 Jan 2017
- Zambia U-20 to face Amajita in international friendly - 31 Jan 2017
- Zesco United players pledge to fulfill target - 30 Jan 2017
- Napsa Stars sign Bageya, four others - 30 Jan 2017
- Zamalek wants Mayuka out - 28 Jan 2017
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (10,527 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,813 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,054 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (852 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (850 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive – PF
- Continued abuse of Zesco will sustain Zambia’s power deficit – PAC
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend