by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
Chama terminates Al – Littihad contractBy Tenson Mkhala on 10 Feb 2017
FORMER Zesco United midfielder Cletus Chama has terminated his three-and-half-year contract with Egyptian side Al Ittihad Alexandria following contractual disputes.
According to a massage on the club’s website, Chama terminated the contract despite the club paying him his salary agreed.
“Chama terminated his contract from his side although the club paid all his salary according to the agreed contract,” read the message on the club website.
Chama had surrendered his travel documents to club officials but encountered problems to have his passport back when disagreements in his contract emerged.
However, Zambian embassy staff in Cairo eventually helped Chama, whose contract at the Alexandria-based side came into effect on February 1, to retrieve his passport.
With the passport in possession of Ittihad officials, Chama could not fly from his base to Cairo and had to travel by road to meet embassy officials, a source disclosed.
Chama was not even listed in the Ittihad squad for yesterday’s Egypt Cup round of 16 home match against Enppi.
He moved to Ittihad in a deal worth US$50,000 and so far US$25,000 has been paid to the player’s agent based in Canada. He was instrumental in leading Zesco to the CAF Champions League semi-finals last year and scored four times.Related Items
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- KBF is nothing but a mercenary in the eyes of the PF leadership
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Father kills son, daughter, before committing suicide
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend