- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
ZNBC to televise U-20 games – MawereBy Mirriam Chabala on 1 Mar 2017
MINISTER of Youth and Sports Moses Mawere has announced that ZNBC will start broadcasting live the ongoing Under-20 Africa Cup of Nations tournament after accessing rights from CAF.
In a ministerial statement to Parliament this afternoon, Mawere attributed ZNBC’s failure to televise previous games to “financial technicalities” which the national broadcaster was facing.
He confirmed that ZNBC was owing CAF $750,000 for the 2015 edition of AFCON as of December 31st 2016.
“ZNBC will start airing the games effective today, March 01, 2017. The match between Guinea and Egypt will be televised at 15:00 ours while the one between Mali and Zambia will be televised at 18:00 hours. I wish to inform you that ZNBC which is supposed to be airing these games had some debts with CAF for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations and again this year there was still need for ZNBC to pay some broadcasting fees to CAF which they never did,” Mawere said.
The House heard that CAF had allowed ZNBC to broadcast live the AFCON tournament at no cost after engaging in talks with the Sports Ministry.
“My ministry engaged in talks with CAF yesterday to negotiate if we could be allowed to televise the games and then pay later on and I am glad to tell you that CAF has allowed us to broadcast at no fee at all,” said Mawere.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend