- by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Chipolopolo return to actionBy Diggers Reporter on 26 Mar 2017
Zambia return to action this afternoon after a four-month hiatus with a friendly game against Zimbabwe away in Harare.
Chipolopolo have been dormant since November 12 when they drew 1-1 away to Cameroon in a 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B qualifier.
Zambia’s inactivity has seen them hoover at number 90 in the World ranking against Zimbabwe who are 109 on the FIFA table.
“It is not too long ago, since the game against Cameroon. It is good to be back. Most of the teams are using this FIFA date to play some games which is good,” Zambia goalkeeper Kennedy Mweene said.
“We have to take each and every game serious because it is a FIFA date, it always affects the ranking so it is a very serious game. ”
Mweene is the only foreign-based player in the 21-member travelling party to Harare.
The rest are home-based players as coach Wedson Nyirenda begins to build a team for July’s clash against Swaziland in the Kenya 2018 CHAN qualifiers.
Meanwhile, Nyirenda is set to unveil four new faces at National Sports Stadium.
They include the Napsa Stars duo of striker Chitiya Mususu and midfielder Justin Banda.
Zanaco defender and dead-ball specialist Taonga Bwembya and his clubmate Augustine Mulenga are also set for their senior team debut.Related Items
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend