- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Chipolopolo return to actionBy Diggers Reporter on 26 Mar 2017
Zambia return to action this afternoon after a four-month hiatus with a friendly game against Zimbabwe away in Harare.
Chipolopolo have been dormant since November 12 when they drew 1-1 away to Cameroon in a 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B qualifier.
Zambia’s inactivity has seen them hoover at number 90 in the World ranking against Zimbabwe who are 109 on the FIFA table.
“It is not too long ago, since the game against Cameroon. It is good to be back. Most of the teams are using this FIFA date to play some games which is good,” Zambia goalkeeper Kennedy Mweene said.
“We have to take each and every game serious because it is a FIFA date, it always affects the ranking so it is a very serious game. ”
Mweene is the only foreign-based player in the 21-member travelling party to Harare.
The rest are home-based players as coach Wedson Nyirenda begins to build a team for July’s clash against Swaziland in the Kenya 2018 CHAN qualifiers.
Meanwhile, Nyirenda is set to unveil four new faces at National Sports Stadium.
They include the Napsa Stars duo of striker Chitiya Mususu and midfielder Justin Banda.
Zanaco defender and dead-ball specialist Taonga Bwembya and his clubmate Augustine Mulenga are also set for their senior team debut.Related Items
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND (3,219 views)
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects? (2,697 views)
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 (2,228 views)
- Kampyongo's mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable - NAC (2,134 views)
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya (1,595 view)
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects?
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu
- Introduce SI to stop landlords from collecting rentals, Changala urges govt
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown?
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- It’s illegal for police to whip citizens – Mweetwa
- UNZA owes ZRA, others K2.8bn, as audit reveals mismanagement of funds
- PF’s Nangula victory a 2021 sample – Mundubile
- Tutwa refutes UPND’s Bill 10 bribery claims
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya
- Govt, FRA’s deal with millers failed to cut mealie meal prices – IAPRI
- Habitat urges govt to improve living conditions in unplanned settlements
- SACCORD hails PF, UPND for peaceful Nangula poll
- ZRA’s tax audit on media houses within its mandate but wrongly timed – MISA
- Kamusoko, Mangani on path to recovery
- Govt must carry out robust awareness campaign against COVID-19 – CSPR
- Siwale welcomes FIFA’s intervention in FAZ wrangles
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
[search_popup]Send this to a friend