- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Zesco overpower NkanaBy Diggers Reporter on 2 Apr 2017
Striker John Chingandu this afternoon inspired Zesco United to a 2-0 win over ten-man Nkana in the 2017 Charity Shield final.
Chingandu scored a second half brace to break the deadlock after a cagey first 45 minutes.
The Zesco striker fired in a long-range shot from the edge of the box in the 467th minute giving Nkana goalkeeper Kelvin Malunga no chance.
Nkana then suffered a setback in the 58th minute when defender and captain Donashano Malama was red carded by referee Wellington Kaoma for stomping on Zesco defender Ben Adama.
Play was then halted for four minutes thereafter as incensed Nkana fans threw missiles on the pitch before order was restored.
Chingandu almost picked a second goal in the 65th minute to add to Nkana’s misery but fired his sitter wide right on the goalline.
He redeemed himself in the 69th minute with a carbon copy of his first goal to seal the victory.
Meanwhile, Nkana’s best chance of a face-saver came in the 76th minute when Walter Bwalya’s teasing shot came off the horizontal bar.
And Zesco’s win also handed coach Zlatko Krmpotic his first Cup win from just four games in charge following his appointment in February.
This is Zesco’s fourth Charity Shield triumph.
Nkana are the record winners with 15 titles in the season opening tournament.Related Items
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- 3 Zimbabwean women in court for stealing food from Pick n Pay
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend