- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 21 Jul 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 21 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 18 Jul 2017by Charles Mafa on 13 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 13 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
Mpande, Lumwana differ over Edward ChilufyaBy Diggers Reporter on 6 Apr 2017
Mpande Youth Football Academy has written to FAZ General Secretary Ponga Liwewe demanding that Lumwana Radiants pays the Kasama based Division One club for loss of business after Beston Chambeshi’s club stopped Edward Chilufya from traveling to Europe.
And FAZ president Andrew Kamanga has summoned Chilufya, Lumwana FC and Mpande Academy for a meeting.
Chambeshi, the Under-20 coach, was implicated in a player transfer scandal after his club Lumwana Radians snitched striker Edward Chilufya upon arrival from South Korea, preventing the goal scorer from traveling to Sweden where he has been offered a 400,000 euro deal.
Chilufya is currently registered under Mpande Youth Soccer Academy and is on the wanted list of Swedish Top Club FC Djurgardens IF, La Liga outfits Celta Vigo as well as Moïse Katumbi’s TP Mazembe of Congo DR.
According to a letter sated April 4, 2017 and signed by Mpande Youth Academy club chairman Teddy Mizinga, the club wants Lumwana to appear before the FAZ disciplinary Committee to explain their dealings with the player.
“We write to inform you that the above mentioned player- Mr Edward Chilufya is a member of Mpande Youth Academy Football Club. Mr Chilufya was scheduled to fly to Sweden today, 4th April 2017 at 21:25 hours to undergo medicals at Jugardens Football with the intention of signing a contract but to our surprise, Lumwana Radiant using underhand methods got the said player without the knowledge of Mpande Youth Academy Football Club management and have refused and delayed the player to go for medicals,” Mizinga stated.
“The following are our reactions to the illegal acquisition of Edward Chilufya. (a) Mpande youth Academy fc demands that Lumwana Radiant releases the player in order for him to attend medicals immediately. (b) Failure to do so, Lumwana will have to pay Mpande Youth Academy the loss of business which could have accrued from the arrangement between Mpande and Jugardens. (c) Lumwana Radiants should pay for any expenses incurred as a result of cancellation and rebooking of flights. (d) Lumwana Radiants should be brought before the player’s status and transfer committee to answer charges.”
Meanwhile, sources at FAZ have disclosed that Kamanga wants all the parties involved to appear at Football House for questioning.
“The boy is expected in Lusaka today, Lumwana and Mpande have also been summoned for a meeting and the President wants an explanation on this matter,” said the source.
About Diggers Reporter
- Kazimai Market owners sue PF civic leaders for interference - 21 Jul 2017
- Zambia ready to finish the Swazi job - 21 Jul 2017
- Young Chipolopolo take on Madagascar in COSAFA tie - 21 Jul 2017
- Nkana, FAZ in fight over Congolese striker Walter Binene Bwalya - 19 Jul 2017
- Chipolopolo gear up for Swaziland return clash - 19 Jul 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend