- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Diggers Rugby coach wary of tricky 2017 seasonBy Diggers Reporter on 12 Apr 2017
Diggers Rugby coach Lawrence Njobvu is not happy with his side’s start to the 2017 Zambia Rugby Union league season despite Saturday’s 15-3 home win over Chibuluma in Kitwe.
The narrow result against their neighbours from Kalulushi saw the 2016 rugby league runners-up sit in mid-table at the end of Week 1.
“Tough game. We started well but second half was terrible but we have identified our weakness and areas where we need to work on,” Njobvu said.
“It was a good win for the start of the season but we need to work extra hard.”
Njobvu admitted that his side was still short on experience after he successfully moulded a youthful side last season following a mass exodus of players from Diggers due to internal problems at the club in 2015.
“We have identified some players who we need in order to beef up our team,” Njobvu said.
“If we are to challenge for the league, we need strong and mature players. For the time being we will work with what we have.”
Diggers are 7th in the 14-team league on 4 points, one point behind leaders and defending champions Arrows who lead with a bonus point thanks to their responding 63-3 away win over promoted Mufulira B.
Meanwhile, Njobvu has a little time to regroup and plot for their next game due to a bye in Week 2.
Diggers return to action on April 22 away in Lusaka to 3rd placed Buffaloes who beat Roan 41-10 away in Luanshya over the weekend.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend