- by Joseph Mwenda on 24 Oct 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 24 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
Diggers Rugby coach wary of tricky 2017 seasonBy Diggers Reporter on 12 Apr 2017
Diggers Rugby coach Lawrence Njobvu is not happy with his side’s start to the 2017 Zambia Rugby Union league season despite Saturday’s 15-3 home win over Chibuluma in Kitwe.
The narrow result against their neighbours from Kalulushi saw the 2016 rugby league runners-up sit in mid-table at the end of Week 1.
“Tough game. We started well but second half was terrible but we have identified our weakness and areas where we need to work on,” Njobvu said.
“It was a good win for the start of the season but we need to work extra hard.”
Njobvu admitted that his side was still short on experience after he successfully moulded a youthful side last season following a mass exodus of players from Diggers due to internal problems at the club in 2015.
“We have identified some players who we need in order to beef up our team,” Njobvu said.
“If we are to challenge for the league, we need strong and mature players. For the time being we will work with what we have.”
Diggers are 7th in the 14-team league on 4 points, one point behind leaders and defending champions Arrows who lead with a bonus point thanks to their responding 63-3 away win over promoted Mufulira B.
Meanwhile, Njobvu has a little time to regroup and plot for their next game due to a bye in Week 2.
Diggers return to action on April 22 away in Lusaka to 3rd placed Buffaloes who beat Roan 41-10 away in Luanshya over the weekend.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend