- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
Diggers Rugby coach wary of tricky 2017 seasonBy Diggers Reporter on 12 Apr 2017
Diggers Rugby coach Lawrence Njobvu is not happy with his side’s start to the 2017 Zambia Rugby Union league season despite Saturday’s 15-3 home win over Chibuluma in Kitwe.
The narrow result against their neighbours from Kalulushi saw the 2016 rugby league runners-up sit in mid-table at the end of Week 1.
“Tough game. We started well but second half was terrible but we have identified our weakness and areas where we need to work on,” Njobvu said.
“It was a good win for the start of the season but we need to work extra hard.”
Njobvu admitted that his side was still short on experience after he successfully moulded a youthful side last season following a mass exodus of players from Diggers due to internal problems at the club in 2015.
“We have identified some players who we need in order to beef up our team,” Njobvu said.
“If we are to challenge for the league, we need strong and mature players. For the time being we will work with what we have.”
Diggers are 7th in the 14-team league on 4 points, one point behind leaders and defending champions Arrows who lead with a bonus point thanks to their responding 63-3 away win over promoted Mufulira B.
Meanwhile, Njobvu has a little time to regroup and plot for their next game due to a bye in Week 2.
Diggers return to action on April 22 away in Lusaka to 3rd placed Buffaloes who beat Roan 41-10 away in Luanshya over the weekend.
About Diggers Reporter
- Serial adjournments in Lungu’s eligibility case irk ConCourt - 24 Jan 2018
- Cops plead not guilty to possession of fake notes - 24 Jan 2018
- DPP issues consent to prosecute fire tender protestors - 23 Jan 2018
- M’membe wants ConCourt to nullify Post liquidation - 23 Jan 2018
- Elephants coach sees Zambia, Namibia in CHAN final - 22 Jan 2018
- Lungu's theft not new; he started stealing as a lawyer - HH
- PF cadres attack Kambwili's supporters at Central Police
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges
- Nawakwi wonders how Antonio will switch from calling PF thieves
- Amnesty International seeks protection for Pilato
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend