by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 24 Mar 2018by Abraham Kalito on 24 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
- Guest Diggers
Nkana striker gets three-match banBy Diggers Reporter on 13 Apr 2017
Nkana are reeling from the news that their key striker Walter Bwalya has been slapped with a three-match ban by FAZ.
The 2016 FAZ Golden Boot winner was suspended by the FAZ disciplinary committee following his conduct in Nkana’s 2-0 loss to Zesco United on April 2 in the 2017 Charity Shield final.
His conduct came after his clubmate and captain Donashano Malama was red carded in the 58th minute by referee Wellington Kaoma for a crude tackle on Zesco defender Ben Adama.
“The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has handed Nkana Football Club striker Walter Bwalya a three match ban after being found guilty of inappropriate conduct during the April 2,2017 ‘Samuel’ Zoom Ndhlovu Charity Shield final featuring Zesco United and Nkana at the Levy Mwanawasa stadium in Ndola,” FAZ spokesperson Desmond Katongo said.
Katongo added that Bwalya has also been fined K2,200.00 and has been told to pay the fine within 14 days of the verdict.
Bwalya’s suspension begins this Friday when Nkana visit Nchanga Rangers in a Week 2 league fixture away in Chingola.
He will also miss Nkana’s Week 4 showdown at home against Zesco on April 29 in Kitwe.
Meanwhile, Bwalya has already made a promising start to the season scoring two goals from three competitive matches in 2017.
About Diggers Reporter
- Bauleni mob descends on ‘ritual killer’ - 23 Mar 2018
- Printing ballots locally is about sovereignty, national security – PF - 22 Mar 2018
- HH is a contraceptive for unity, dialogue – Nakacinda - 22 Mar 2018
- Kafue residents rise as govt turns ‘3 million’ hectares of land to commercial - 21 Mar 2018
- It’s unfair to mislead Zambians that all is well – Mweetwa - 19 Mar 2018
- UPND relying on Freemason powers to impeach Lungu - State House
- Saturnia will be ordered to recall externalized funds - Mwanakatwe
- Kambwili admitted at CFB, fails to appear in court
- Insuring fire trucks at $250, 000 was unfair to Zambians, says PF MP
- Lusambo's arrogance defines Lungu's weakness, says Laura
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend