- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Nkana striker gets three-match banBy Diggers Reporter on 13 Apr 2017
Nkana are reeling from the news that their key striker Walter Bwalya has been slapped with a three-match ban by FAZ.
The 2016 FAZ Golden Boot winner was suspended by the FAZ disciplinary committee following his conduct in Nkana’s 2-0 loss to Zesco United on April 2 in the 2017 Charity Shield final.
His conduct came after his clubmate and captain Donashano Malama was red carded in the 58th minute by referee Wellington Kaoma for a crude tackle on Zesco defender Ben Adama.
“The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has handed Nkana Football Club striker Walter Bwalya a three match ban after being found guilty of inappropriate conduct during the April 2,2017 ‘Samuel’ Zoom Ndhlovu Charity Shield final featuring Zesco United and Nkana at the Levy Mwanawasa stadium in Ndola,” FAZ spokesperson Desmond Katongo said.
Katongo added that Bwalya has also been fined K2,200.00 and has been told to pay the fine within 14 days of the verdict.
Bwalya’s suspension begins this Friday when Nkana visit Nchanga Rangers in a Week 2 league fixture away in Chingola.
He will also miss Nkana’s Week 4 showdown at home against Zesco on April 29 in Kitwe.
Meanwhile, Bwalya has already made a promising start to the season scoring two goals from three competitive matches in 2017.
About Diggers Reporter
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend