- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Chingandu brace sends Zesco throughBy Diggers Reporter on 15 Apr 2017
Zesco United qualified to the 2017 CAF Confederation Cup group stage after a 3-0 home win over Enugu Rangers of Nigeria on saturday evening at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola.
Striker John Chingandu was the hero on the day when he scored a brace, his second for Zesco in a fortnight after inspiring the side to a 2-0 victory over Nkana in the 2017 Charity Shield final at the same venue on April 2.
Zesco’s victory sees them through to May’s group stage 5-2 on aggregate following a 2-2 first leg draw on April 9 in Enugu.
Meanwhile, Rangers jumped straight off the plane and onto the field at Levy Stadium and landing in Ndola just three hours before kickoff.
Rangers came late due to a player boycott on Thursday at Enugu Airport over unpaid dues dating back two months.
The Nigerians however started off brightly and tried very hard to mask the jet-lag before running out of gas as the first half came to a close.
Chingandu struck twice during that period with goals in the 26th and 38th minutes.
Kenyan international Jesse Were put the result beyond doubt with a cheeky shot in the 62nd minute that startled Rangers goalkeeper Nana Bonsu.
Zesco will know their group stage opponents next week when the draws are made on April 26 in Cairo.
About Diggers Reporter
- Zambia finally train in Ndola after 24 hour delay - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt refuses to join Lungu to 2021 eligibility case - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt allows inmates to vote - 16 Aug 2017
- Wedson upbeat despite Chipolopolo draw with Bafana - 13 Aug 2017
- Lsk man gets one year for stealing two Bibles - 10 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend