- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zanaco draws tough Al Ahly in CAF Champions leagueBy Diggers Reporter on 27 Apr 2017
Zanaco 2017 CAF Champions group-stage ambitions face a big test following draws made in Cairo on Wednesday.
The Bankers have been drawn in Group D against record 8-time holders Al Ahly of Egypt and 1992 winners Wydad Casablanca from Morocco.
The 2008 Champions League runners-up Coton Sport of Cameroon complete Group D.
Zanaco will be away on match-day-one in Cairo to play Al Ahly first on May 13.
They will later host Wydad on May 23 in Lusaka before a doubleheader against Coton at home on June 3 and away in Cameroon on June 21 on Garoua.
Al Ahly will then visit Zanaco on July 1 before Mumamba Numba’s side travels to Casablanca on July 9.
The top two finishers will advance to the quarterfinals in September where they will play their opponents from Group C.
Group C consists of defending champions Mamelodi Sundowns, two-time winners Esperance, St George of Ethiopia, DR Congo side AS Vita who were champions in 1973 and runners-up in 2014.
Meanwhile, Zesco United’s Confederation Cup group stage draw will see them play Smouha of Egypt, Angolan side RC Libolo from Angola and Al Hilal Obied of Sudan.
Smouha will make their debut visit to Zambia on May 13 before Zesco face Al Hilal Obeid away on May 23.
Zesco will then have back-to-back fixtures against Libolo on June 3 in Ndola and away on June 21.
A trip to Alexandria beckons for Zesco on July 1 to play Smouha and Zlatko Krmpotic’s side will close with a home game in Ndola on July 9 against Al Hilal Obeid.
Number one from Group C will face number 2 from Group D and vice-versa in September’s quarterfinals.
Defending CAF Confederation Cup champions TP Mazembe of DR Congo, CF Mounana from Gabon, Guinean side Horoya and South African PSL club SuperSport United comprise Group D
About Diggers Reporter
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- Woman in court for burning daughter over K7 - 18 Oct 2017
- Residential plots under Zesco poles shock Kapata - 14 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend