- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Chambeshi unveils U-20 World Cup squadBy Diggers Reporter on 5 May 2017
Beston Chambeshi has named his final 21-member team for the 2017 FIFA Under-20 World Cup tournament in South Korea.
Chambeshi has dropped four faces that have been prominent in the team from inception all through the 2016 Cosafa U20 Cup and U20 AFCON triumphs.
Axed for the team are midfielders Sydney Phiri and his Mufulira Wanderers club mate Crispin Sakulanda.
Midfielder Mumba Mwape of Spanish club Getafe B team has also been dumped alongside Red Arrows striker Joseph Phiri.
Phiri’s club mate Patrick Ngoma hopes of another junior stint have fallen through after he too failed to make the cut.
There was also disappointment for promising Zanaco and Zambia Under-17 striker Damiano Kola who was hoping to break through to the Under-20 team.
However, striker Conlyde Luchanga, who recently returned home after a modest six month stints at Israeli club Hapoel Ra’anana, has kept his place despite his lacklustre showing at U20 AFCON.
Also in the team is his ex-Ra’anana club mate midfielder Ngosa Sunzu, young brother of Stopilla and Felix Sunzu, who is a new face in the team.
Otherwise the team has almost picked itself led by strikers Fashion Sakala, Edward Chilufya and Patson Daka including midfielders Boyd Musonda and Emmanuel Banda plus goalkeeper Mangani Banda.
The team finally leaves for a three-week training camp in Spain on Friday evening after a one week delay due to logistical problems.
Zambia are in Group C at the tournament South Korea will host from May 20 to June 11 where they will face Iran, Costa Rica and two-time World champions Portugal.
Chambeshi’s team will face Portugal in the two sides opening game match on May 21 in Jeju where Group C will be based.
GOALKEEPERS: Mangani Banda (Zanaco), Samson Banda (Zesco United), James Phiri (Lusaka Dynamos)
DEFENDERS: Moses Nyondo (Nkana), Edward Tembo (Gomes), Prosper Chiluya (Lumwana Radiants), Solomon Sakala (Napsa Stars), Shemmy Mayembe (Zesco United), Benson Chali (Forest Rangers), Boston Muchindu (Nkana)
MIDFIELDERS: Ngosa Sunzu (Hapoel Raanana, Israel), Musonda Siame (Kafue Celtic), Harrison Chisala (Nkana), Fashion Sakala (Spartak Moscow, Russia), Enock Mwepu (Napsa Stars), Emmanuel Banda (Esmoriz, Portugal), Kenneth Kalunga (IFS, Denmark), Boyd Musonda (Zanaco)
STRIKERS: Conlyde Luchanga (Lusaka Dynamos), Edward Chilufya (Mphande Youth Academy), Patson Daka (FC Liefering, Austria)
About Diggers Reporter
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend