- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zambia beat Iran 4-2, through to knockout stageBy Joseph Mwenda on 24 May 2017
Zambia came from 2 nil down to beat Iran by 4 goals to two in the Under-20 FIFA world Cup game.
The game which kicked off at 10:00 hours in Jeju this morning saw Zambia’s goalie Mangani Banda gift Shekari when he failed to clear a back-pass above the Iranian center forward who rolled it to the far past post.
Zambia made several attempts on target but failed to convert it’s chances before Shekari returned to claim a brace in the 47th minute from the spot through a controversial penalty decision.
Fashion Sakala came closest to levelling the encounter in the 45th minute but his header rattled against the upright to deny the junior Chipolopolo an opener.
It was in the 54th minute that Sakala saw the back of the net through a captivating volley to call one back.
Enock Mwepu levelled from close range about four minutes later to exhilarate coach Beston Chambeshi for what was going to be the most fascinating game at the FIFA World Cup meet in South Korea so far.
Emmanuel Banda joined the scoring band to make it 3-2 in the 65th minute before Patson Daka placed three points beyond Iran’s reach and ended the 17-minutes goal thriller.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate - 19 Oct 2017
- Lungu heads to Congo Brazzaville, then Ivory Coast - 16 Oct 2017
- Lusaka wife stabs hubby to death in his sleep - 15 Oct 2017
- Our fire tenders look like wheelbarrows – Minister - 15 Oct 2017
- Police arrest 17 for burning Mufumbwe police station - 15 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend