- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
U-20 win excites LunguBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 31 May 2017
President Edgar Lungu has commended the Zambia Under-20 National team for their performance and victory over Germany in the FIFA World Cup round of 16 match which was played this afternoon at Jeju stadium in South Korea.
Meanwhile, the Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) has warned motorists to celebrate the win with caution.
In a statement issued by Special Assistant to the President for Press and Public Relations Amos Chanda immediately after the game ended, President Lungu described junior Chipolopolo’s performance as a good example of the power of unity.
“I once again wish to sincerely commend and thank the Under-20 National Soccer team for a splendid performance in this afternoon’s game at Jeju where they defeated Germany 4-3,” said President Lungu.
“The Junior Chipolopolo has continued to show the nation an example of the power of unity and purpose. The journey to ultimate glory seems assured going by the dedication the team has continued to display, said the President. On behalf of Government and indeed on my own behalf, l once again wish to encourage the players and the technical bench to continuously set their eyes on the ball in the ongoing campaign to lift the World Cup.”
Meanwhile, RTSA publice relations head Fredrick Mubanga warned motorists to celebrate with caution.
“The Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) wishes to appeal to football fans and the general public to celebrate Zambia’s victories at the on going FIFA U20 World Cup being held in Korea responsibly and with caution.
For the first time in history, Zambia has advanced to the quarter finals of the prestigious competition. The victory on Wednesday afternoon against the much fancied Germany side has excited the nation and many soccer fans. As RTSA we want to appeal to the nation and football fans to celebrate with caution and responsibly. Drivers of vehicles should not overload, over speed or drink and drive,” stated Mubanga.
“Pedestrians should also ensure that they don’t drink and walk about aimlessly on the road. Cyclists and bikers must also take caution and follow all traffic rules and regulations. The RTSA will be on alert to ensure zero road crashes as Zambia celebrate this historical victory. The board, management and staff wishes to congratulate the Under 20 national football team for beating Germany 4-3 to advance to the quarter finals of the Korea FIFA U20 World Cup.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer - 19 Oct 2017
- Pastors pray for Lungu: “The President shouldn’t die” - 18 Oct 2017
- Opposition shuns National Day of Prayer - 18 Oct 2017
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu - 18 Oct 2017
- Chisamba woman kills step daughter, buries her at home - 17 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
- Promise to stop stealing before inviting us for prayers, HH tells PF
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend