- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Zesco names team for Smouha clashBy Diggers Reporter on 27 Jun 2017
Zesco United coach Zlatko Krmpotic has named his 18-member team for this Friday’s crucial 2017 CAF Confederation Cup Group C match away in Egypt against Smouha.
Missing from the team is defender Dauti Musekwa who is suspended after collecting his second yellow card of the tournament on June 20 away in Angola in Zesco’s 3-0 loss to CRD Libolo.
However, Zesco have been handed a big boost with the return of midfielders Anthony Akumu and Kondwani Mtonga who missed that match due to suspensions.
Also back is striker Jesse Were who has recovered from a thigh injury he sustained on 2019 AFCON qualifying duty with Kenya earlier this month.
Were returned to action over the weekend when he scored one of Zesco’s two goals in their 2-0 home win over Nkwazi in Ndola in a 2017 FAZ Super Division Week 14 match on June 24.
The Kenyan striker is Zesco’s top scorer in the Confederation Cup with three goals.
Meanwhile, Idris Mbombo will play no further part in the competition following his imminent permanent move to an unnamed Middle East club.
And Zesco depart for Egypt on June 27 from their Ndola base heading to Alexandria where they will face Smouha on June 30.
Zesco are 3rd in Group C on 6 points, two more than bottom placed Smouha who have 4 points.
Al Hilal Obied of Sudan top Group C on 7 points while Libolo are 2nd on 6 points heading into this weekend’s penultimate round of games.
Goalkeepers:Jacob Banda,Lameck Nyangu
Defenders:Ben Adama Banh, David Owino Odhiambo, Simon Silwimba, Marcel Kalonde, Fackson Kapumbu
Midfielders:Anthony Akumu Agay, Mwape Mwelwa, John Ching’andu, Kondwani Mtonga, Misheck Chaila,Kasashi Lupiya
Strikers:Jesse Jackson Were, Lazarous Kambole, Dave Daka, Patrick Kangolo, Jackson Mwanza
About Diggers Reporter
- Pastor seeks to divorce wife of 35 years - 22 Nov 2017
- Court hands 3 month sentence to man who trespassed at Inonge’s residence - 22 Nov 2017
- Nandos employees in court for theft - 22 Nov 2017
- Man who stole computers from Chimbokaila gets 5 years imprisonment - 22 Nov 2017
- 3 Zimbabwean women in court for stealing food from Pick n Pay - 21 Nov 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend