- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Chipolopolo face Botswana in COSAFA tieBy Diggers Reporter on 30 Jun 2017
Zambia battle to end their Cosafa Cup semifinal woes on Saturday when they face Botswana in the quarterfinals at the Royal Bafokeng Sports Palace in South Africa.
The four-time champions have failed to qualify to the last 8 in two successive Cosafa Cup appearances since they lifted the title as hosts in 2013.
Coach Wedson Nyirenda is under pressure to end that poor run at the tournament Zambia has continued to enjoy preliminary round group stage byes only because of the status on the FIFA rankings.
Zambia are unbeaten against Botswana in the Cosafa Cup but Nyirenda has reminded his charges of Mozambique who ended their unbeaten run against the Mambas in their 2019 AFCON Group K qualifier on June 10, that Chipolopolo lost 1-0 in Ndola.
“Every game is difficult, there is no easy game, Mozambique came and we had already beaten them before the match but they applied themselves better on the pitch and carried the day. We want to avoid that now,” Nyirenda said.
Nyirenda will not feature any high profile members of that team that lost to Mozambique nor will there be players from Zesco United or Zanaco due to their CAF club cup obligations between July 1 and July 9.
But he has added three members of the Zambia Under-20 team that won the 2017 U20 AFCON as hosts in March and went on to reach the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup in South Korea in June.
They are defenders Moses Nyondo of Nkana and Napsa Stars’ Solomon Banda.
Nkana midfielder Boston Muchindu has also made the team.
But key will be the 12 players who featured in Zambia’s 2-1 friendly win over South Africa on June 13 played at nearby Moruleng.
They include Green Buffaloes striker Brian Mwila and Lubinda Mundia who both scored against Bafana and will be making their Cosafa Cup debuts.
Nkana defender Donashano Malama will captain the team and is the only member of the 2013 Cosafa Cup winning team in team.
However, Nkana striker Ronald Kampamba and Power Dynamos midfielder Fwayo Tembo were not selected for the tournament with an eye on the 2018 CHAN first round,first leg away qualifier against Swaziland on July 15.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend