- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Another premier league coach gets the bootBy Diggers Reporter on 4 Jul 2017
Kabwe Warriors Football Club has fired coach Kampamba Chintu, becoming the sixth premier league manager to get the boot this season.
The ex-Chipolopolo defender who also served as National Soccer team assistant coach was dismissed on Monday by the 5-time champions following a modest start to the 2017 season in which he has won just one match.
Warriors boss Hayden Dingwell said it was not an easy decision to make but that the interest of the club came first.
Chintu’s sacking came after successive 2-0 away and 1-0 home losses to Zanaco and Lumwana Radiants that left Warriors fifth from bottom in 15th place on 13 points.
“Yes it is true. It is unfortunate but football is about results,” Dingwell said.
“He was trying his best with the team but at the end of the day football is about results so we had to make the change, sadly.”
Joining Chintu out of Warriors is his assistant Humphrey Malkoni
However,long-serving assistant Happy Sichikolo stays put.
Chintu has been replaced by Elijah Chikwanda who was recently sacked by City of Lusaka.
Chintu was handed the job full-time time this season after an interim run in October 2016 in the wake of Mohamed Fathy’s sacking that saw the 2012 AFCON winner record four wins, two draws and one defeat.
But things didn’t go as planned in 2017 when in which he has won one, draw 10 and lose four.
About Diggers Reporter
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- Woman in court for burning daughter over K7 - 18 Oct 2017
- Residential plots under Zesco poles shock Kapata - 14 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend