- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
CAF cancels Zesco’s Confederation Cup matchBy Joseph Mwenda on 7 Jul 2017
CAF has confirmed the cancellation of Zesco United’s final 2017 CAF Confederation Cup Group C home game against Al Hilal Obied of Sudanscheduled which was scheduled for July 9 at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola.
The Group C match has been cancelled following Sudan’s suspension from all football activities on July 6 by FIFA, the same day Obied arrived in Zambia.
But CAF says a decision on Zesco’s Group C status will be announced later.
“Kindly be informed that we have received letter from FIFA today 6th July 2017, announcing the suspension of Sudan FA. The SFA representative and club teams are no longer entitled to take part in international competitions,” a CAF communique dated July 6 stated.
“Consequently, El Hilal Obied is not allowed to participate in CAF matches and is disqualified from CAF interclub competition in accordance to FIFA’s decision. The aforementioned match is hereby cancelled and will not take place as scheduled and the mission of the CAF officials is cancelled. The final situation of Group C of the Confederation Cup will be announced soon.”
Obied had already qualified prior to the ban on 10 points while Angolan club Libolo were 2nd on 7 points, Zesco 3rd on 7 points while Smouha of Egypt had 5 points.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Zambians make fun of mandatory HIV testing - 18 Aug 2017
- Tendai Biti regrets fall of Zambia’s democracy - 16 Aug 2017
- They raided my son’s office, not mine – Mulongoti - 15 Aug 2017
- Lungu’s oil exploration launch in legal tumble - 13 Aug 2017
- State to free HH tomorrow, reports Reuters - 13 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend