- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Zesco reach Confed Cup quarterfinals via walkoverBy Diggers Reporter on 9 Jul 2017
Zesco United have qualified to the 2017 CAF Confederation Cup quarterfinals following a walkover win against Al Hilal Obeid of Sudan.
Obied’s elimination came after FIFA suspended the Sudan FA from all football activities on July 6.
CAF confirmed Zesco’s passage on July 8 handing the 2016 CAF Champions League semifinalists a 3-0 win that saw them finish on an unassailable 10 points in Group C.
CAF’s statement read: “Kindly note the following provisions of the Confederation Cup regulations namely chapter XI:Withdrawal and renunciation from playing, para 14&18, stipulating the following:
“If a team withdraws after participating in all the matches in the first half of the group matches,the remaining matches to be played in the said group are lost by penalty three goals to nil .
“The above articles are applied to teams disqualified by decision of CAF
“Hence the only remaining match to be played for Al Hilal El Obeid, namely match no.149: Zesco vs Al Hilal El Obeid is considered lost 3-0 in favour of Zesco United FC.”
Meanwhile, the final second placed slot will be decided on July 9 when CRD Libolo of Angola host Smouha of Egypt in Calulo.
Libolo are 2nd on 6 points while Smouha are 3rd and last on 5 points following the revised status in Group C after Obeid’s elimination.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend