- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Swaziland wary of wounded ChipolopoloBy Diggers Reporter on 12 Jul 2017
Swaziland coach Pieter De Jongh says he is not taking Zambia lightly, despite Chipolopolo’s 2017 Cosafa Cup final final defeat to Zimbabwe.
Zambia face Swaziland away in a Kenya 2018 CAF African Nations Championship (CHAN) first round, first leg qualifier away in Mbabane on Sunday.
The match will come a week after Zambia’s humiliating 3-1 Cosafa Cup final loss at the hands Zimbabwe in Rustenburg.
De Jongh had an opportunity to see Zambia in action from the Cosafa Cup quarterfinal stage where his own team was eliminated 2-1 by the eventual champions.
The Belgian coach said he’s pleased he will have his 12 players from Mbabane Swallows back after they missed the Cosafa Cup due to their 2017 CAF Champions League group stage obligations.
“In the Cosafa Cup,we didn’t have 12 experienced players but I think the performance of the team was fairly good,” De Jongh said.
“Our next opponents Zambia will be a tough opposition as they even reached the Cosafa Cup finals.
“We have to up our game to win Sundays match. Whatever squad they bring it will not be easy.”
The two sides will play the return leg in Zambia on July 23 with the winner over both legs advancing to the final qualifying round in August.
Victor will face winner of the of first round tie between Botswana and Bafana Bafana who meet in Gaborone this weekend for a place in January’s finals in Kenya.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Castle Lager postpones 2020 Africa 5s due to COVID-19 - 27 Mar 2020
- Police nab ‘Spax’ for murder - 2 Mar 2020
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- Govt identifies Chaisa, Jack Compound, Ibex Hill as COVID-19 hot zones (30,605 views)
- Zambia's COVID-19 cases jump to 35 (10,641 views)
- High Court keeps Spax in jail (5,858 views)
- We need lockdown asap - Magande (4,899 views)
- Stop load-shedding to keep people at home (4,681 views)
- COVID-19 leaves PF general conference in limbo
- Correctional Services mulls release of inmates due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Swabs have become a rare commodity, laments public national health institute
- Katuka denies ordering youth punch-up at UPND secretariat
- MISA asks ECZ to expedite dismantling of 2016 debt owed to media houses
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Send this to a friend