- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Swaziland wary of wounded ChipolopoloBy Diggers Reporter on 12 Jul 2017
Swaziland coach Pieter De Jongh says he is not taking Zambia lightly, despite Chipolopolo’s 2017 Cosafa Cup final final defeat to Zimbabwe.
Zambia face Swaziland away in a Kenya 2018 CAF African Nations Championship (CHAN) first round, first leg qualifier away in Mbabane on Sunday.
The match will come a week after Zambia’s humiliating 3-1 Cosafa Cup final loss at the hands Zimbabwe in Rustenburg.
De Jongh had an opportunity to see Zambia in action from the Cosafa Cup quarterfinal stage where his own team was eliminated 2-1 by the eventual champions.
The Belgian coach said he’s pleased he will have his 12 players from Mbabane Swallows back after they missed the Cosafa Cup due to their 2017 CAF Champions League group stage obligations.
“In the Cosafa Cup,we didn’t have 12 experienced players but I think the performance of the team was fairly good,” De Jongh said.
“Our next opponents Zambia will be a tough opposition as they even reached the Cosafa Cup finals.
“We have to up our game to win Sundays match. Whatever squad they bring it will not be easy.”
The two sides will play the return leg in Zambia on July 23 with the winner over both legs advancing to the final qualifying round in August.
Victor will face winner of the of first round tie between Botswana and Bafana Bafana who meet in Gaborone this weekend for a place in January’s finals in Kenya.
About Diggers Reporter
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- Woman in court for burning daughter over K7 - 18 Oct 2017
- Residential plots under Zesco poles shock Kapata - 14 Oct 2017
- Benos and Reeves fought over his accusations of cheating – Witness - 13 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend