by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
Swaziland wary of wounded ChipolopoloBy Diggers Reporter on 12 Jul 2017
Swaziland coach Pieter De Jongh says he is not taking Zambia lightly, despite Chipolopolo’s 2017 Cosafa Cup final final defeat to Zimbabwe.
Zambia face Swaziland away in a Kenya 2018 CAF African Nations Championship (CHAN) first round, first leg qualifier away in Mbabane on Sunday.
The match will come a week after Zambia’s humiliating 3-1 Cosafa Cup final loss at the hands Zimbabwe in Rustenburg.
De Jongh had an opportunity to see Zambia in action from the Cosafa Cup quarterfinal stage where his own team was eliminated 2-1 by the eventual champions.
The Belgian coach said he’s pleased he will have his 12 players from Mbabane Swallows back after they missed the Cosafa Cup due to their 2017 CAF Champions League group stage obligations.
“In the Cosafa Cup,we didn’t have 12 experienced players but I think the performance of the team was fairly good,” De Jongh said.
“Our next opponents Zambia will be a tough opposition as they even reached the Cosafa Cup finals.
“We have to up our game to win Sundays match. Whatever squad they bring it will not be easy.”
The two sides will play the return leg in Zambia on July 23 with the winner over both legs advancing to the final qualifying round in August.
Victor will face winner of the of first round tie between Botswana and Bafana Bafana who meet in Gaborone this weekend for a place in January’s finals in Kenya.
About Diggers Reporter
- Printing ballots locally is about sovereignty, national security – PF - 22 Mar 2018
- HH is a contraceptive for unity, dialogue – Nakacinda - 22 Mar 2018
- Kafue residents rise as govt turns ‘3 million’ hectares of land to commercial - 21 Mar 2018
- It’s unfair to mislead Zambians that all is well – Mweetwa - 19 Mar 2018
- Chasaya elected African Public Services Commission president - 16 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Police release Kambwili, order him to report at Woodlands station tomorrow
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- Our ethics demand that we respect Mr Chanda’s reaction
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend