- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Nkana, FAZ in fight over Congolese striker Walter Binene BwalyaBy Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
Nkana Football Club has accused some Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) officials of colluding with agents in Congo DR to block the issuance of an International Transfer Certificate (ITC) of suspended striker Walter Binene Bwalya.
Bwalya is suspended from all competitive obligations by FAZ until his illegal transfer from DR Congo to Zambia is corrected by the relevant authorities.
Nkana said in a statement that they have complied with all procedure but were wondering why their was no positive feedback from FAZ.
“Nkana has compiled, submitted required documents and availed the player to FAZ as requested despite not entirely agreeing with the letter from FAZ which you requested the club to stop using the player basing your decision on media reports which should not have been treated as totally correct and formal,” acting Nkana chief executive officer Mutale Kapwepwe said in a letter to FAZ.
“Furthermore, we as a club would like to express our displeasure and disappointment in the strongest terms that we have been receiving disturbing reports from the DRC that some FAZ officials are trying to block the player’s final release of his ITC and are said to be working with some football agents who have been wanting to snatch the player from Nkana in order to sell him abroad at a reported fee to be in excess of US$400,000.”
Kapwepwe added that Nkana have been unfairly treated and have demanded quick resolution to the issue.
Bwalya is believed to have moved from DR Congo Club Lubumbashi Sports to Zambia without an International Transfer Certificate when he joined Forest Rangers couple of years ago.
He moved from Forest to Nkana on loan in July, 2016 before making his a permanent move this season.
Bwalya was the 2016 season leagues topscorer with 24 goals and has this term recorded four goals in the league and one in cup competition.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Castle Lager postpones 2020 Africa 5s due to COVID-19 - 27 Mar 2020
- Police nab ‘Spax’ for murder - 2 Mar 2020
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us? (12,455 views)
- I am under quarantine, but fine - Davies Chama (4,463 views)
- Kampyongo says accusing him of being in quarantine is like alleging that Diggers editor is HIV positive (4,062 views)
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown? (3,373 views)
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu (3,271 views)
- Govt will start distributing free masks – Chilufya
- Absa re-opens Centro Mall branch
- Kampyongo, Ng’andu released from quarantine after testing negative to COVID-19 – Chilufya
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
[search_popup]Send this to a friend