by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Thomas Mulenga on 22 Mar 2018by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 19 Mar 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 2 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 14 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
Diggers ask for introduction of rugby transfer windowBy Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017
Diggers Rugby Club have asked to the Zambia Rugby Union to introduce player transfer windows to curb the indiscriminate movement of players during the season.
The Zambia Rugby League has been hit by a raft of unregulated movement of players with Diggers losing 14 players alone during the course of the 2017 season.
“I think the Union should come in over this issue. I think that clubs should be protected by the Union,” Diggers coach Lawrence Njobvu said.
“It is very frustrating for clubs to be losing players anyhow.
“We cannot have players moving from one club to the next every week. We need something to tie players to a club.
“The Union should come up with something to tie up the players probably like it is done in football when they move mid-way or at the end of the season.”
Despite the flurry or unregulated transfers, Diggers are holding their own and are 3rd on the table, tied on 38 points with defending champions and 2nd placed Arrows from nine games with two matches in hand each.
Diggers’ arch-rivals Kitwe Playing Fields are 1st on 51 points fro 12 games played.
About Diggers Reporter
- HH is a contraceptive for unity, dialogue – Nakacinda - 22 Mar 2018
- Kafue residents rise as govt turns ‘3 million’ hectares of land to commercial - 21 Mar 2018
- It’s unfair to mislead Zambians that all is well – Mweetwa - 19 Mar 2018
- Chasaya elected African Public Services Commission president - 16 Mar 2018
- Zambians must reject draft land policy – HH - 15 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- State House clueless on how to handle New York dossier – Chipimo
- Kambwili is being persecuted – NDC
- Zambia has lost corruption fight – Mucheleka
- It’s demotivating that 88,101 farmers haven’t yet received inputs – ZNFU
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend