by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga and Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
U-17 through to COSAFA final after beating Malawi 2-0By Diggers Reporter on 28 Jul 2017
Zambia U17 assistant coach Charles Bwale has described the team’s successful race to the 2017 COSAFA U17 Cup final as a case of unfinished business after their 2016 disqualification.
Zambia beat Malawi 2-0 on Friday to exorcise ghosts of 2016 when they were disqualified from the tournament also held in Mauritius for fielding two overage players after qualifying to the semifinals on a 100 percent run.
“The last we were here,we were disqualified.But this time again we had this opportunity of coming back in Mauritius,” Bwale said.
“So we told ourselves that we were back to bring back what we left behind last year because we had unfinished business in Mauritius.
“So the players and everyone has one thing in their mind, and that is to collect the Cup.It doesn’t matter who we meet, we just want to take the Cup back home.”
Zambia qualified to the final thanks to goals from strikers Lameck Banda in the 3rd minute and Martin Njobvu who added the final goal four minutes later.
Banda’s goal took his tally to 6 and is now firm favourite to collect the Golden Boot.
And Malawi’s defeat was also their first at the tournament after a 100 run to the last four that saw them score nine goals without conceding a goal.
Zambia will meet Mauritius in the final on July 30 in Port Louis after the hosts defeated South Africa 2-0 in the second semifinal on Friday.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- ZAMTEL urges early introduction of savings habit to children - 1 Nov 2019
- Byta FM partners with govt to fight climate change - 15 Oct 2019
- Criminal kills CBU lecturer, rapes Kalulushi student - 5 Oct 2019
- Screening reveals increased lung infection among miners – Musukwa - 20 Sep 2019
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses (8,072 views)
- DEC arrests Amos for corrupt practices (3,299 views)
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both (2,751 views)
- I am ready to face DEC, says Amos (2,440 views)
- Court awards K3.3m damages to family of ZAF officer who died in police custody (2,234 views)
- Chief Mukuni urged people to vote UPND in 2016, reveals Commission of Inquiry
- Enemies want to divide us as we get to 2021 – Lungu
- PF rule has no respect for human life – ZCCB
- Load shedding, kwacha depreciation slashing business performance – BCI
- Govt will get $2.03bn loan from China for Chipata-Serenje Railway project, reveals Minister
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal!
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend