by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 20 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
U-17 through to COSAFA final after beating Malawi 2-0By Diggers Reporter on 28 Jul 2017
Zambia U17 assistant coach Charles Bwale has described the team’s successful race to the 2017 COSAFA U17 Cup final as a case of unfinished business after their 2016 disqualification.
Zambia beat Malawi 2-0 on Friday to exorcise ghosts of 2016 when they were disqualified from the tournament also held in Mauritius for fielding two overage players after qualifying to the semifinals on a 100 percent run.
“The last we were here,we were disqualified.But this time again we had this opportunity of coming back in Mauritius,” Bwale said.
“So we told ourselves that we were back to bring back what we left behind last year because we had unfinished business in Mauritius.
“So the players and everyone has one thing in their mind, and that is to collect the Cup.It doesn’t matter who we meet, we just want to take the Cup back home.”
Zambia qualified to the final thanks to goals from strikers Lameck Banda in the 3rd minute and Martin Njobvu who added the final goal four minutes later.
Banda’s goal took his tally to 6 and is now firm favourite to collect the Golden Boot.
And Malawi’s defeat was also their first at the tournament after a 100 run to the last four that saw them score nine goals without conceding a goal.
Zambia will meet Mauritius in the final on July 30 in Port Louis after the hosts defeated South Africa 2-0 in the second semifinal on Friday.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- Robert Mugabe dies aged 95 - 6 Sep 2019
- FAZ calls off Zambia vs SA friendly - 3 Sep 2019
- Zambia has given us a good environment for business – Orca Deco - 3 Sep 2019
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (11,395 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,893 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,438 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,042 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (920 views)
- It’s against separation of powers for Parley to supervise executive – PF
- Continued abuse of Zesco will sustain Zambia’s power deficit – PAC
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend