- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
U-17 through to COSAFA final after beating Malawi 2-0By Diggers Reporter on 28 Jul 2017
Zambia U17 assistant coach Charles Bwale has described the team’s successful race to the 2017 COSAFA U17 Cup final as a case of unfinished business after their 2016 disqualification.
Zambia beat Malawi 2-0 on Friday to exorcise ghosts of 2016 when they were disqualified from the tournament also held in Mauritius for fielding two overage players after qualifying to the semifinals on a 100 percent run.
“The last we were here,we were disqualified.But this time again we had this opportunity of coming back in Mauritius,” Bwale said.
“So we told ourselves that we were back to bring back what we left behind last year because we had unfinished business in Mauritius.
“So the players and everyone has one thing in their mind, and that is to collect the Cup.It doesn’t matter who we meet, we just want to take the Cup back home.”
Zambia qualified to the final thanks to goals from strikers Lameck Banda in the 3rd minute and Martin Njobvu who added the final goal four minutes later.
Banda’s goal took his tally to 6 and is now firm favourite to collect the Golden Boot.
And Malawi’s defeat was also their first at the tournament after a 100 run to the last four that saw them score nine goals without conceding a goal.
Zambia will meet Mauritius in the final on July 30 in Port Louis after the hosts defeated South Africa 2-0 in the second semifinal on Friday.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend