- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Siame, Mupopo in IAAF finalsBy Diggers Reporter on 8 Aug 2017
Zambian athletes Sydney Siame and Kabange Mupopo last night qualified to the Men’s 200 semi finals and women’s 400 meters finals respectively at the 2017 World Championships in London.
Siame shocked his competitors with a time of 20.29 seconds to also set a new Zambian record.
Kyle Greaux of Trinidad and Tobago and Filippo Tortu of Italy also qualified in 2nd and 3rd with times of 20.48 and 20.59 respectively.
Meanwhile, Mupopo, the Shepolopolo striker finished 2nd in heat 3 with a time of 50.60 seconds behind Phyllis Francis of the USA who won with a time of 50.37 second. But it was enough to see the youngster through to the finals tomorrow Wednesday , August 9.
And Siame told SuperSport that he was excited to have performed beyond expectations in his race.
“The season has been very good but I have been preparing for this race running in the 100 meters. This is my second race in the 200 meters and I am very happy with my performance,” said Siame.
The highlight of the 20-year-old Siame’s career as a sprinter came three years ago when he won Gold in China as a junior at the 2014 Youth Olympic Games that were held in Nanjing.
About Diggers Reporter
- Chipolopolo fear player departures after CHAN qualification - 21 Aug 2017
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement - 20 Aug 2017
- Is Wedson quitting Chipolopolo? - 19 Aug 2017
- Bafana will fall, Shonga - 18 Aug 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend