- by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 18 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
Siame, Mupopo in IAAF finalsBy Diggers Reporter on 8 Aug 2017
Zambian athletes Sydney Siame and Kabange Mupopo last night qualified to the Men’s 200 semi finals and women’s 400 meters finals respectively at the 2017 World Championships in London.
Siame shocked his competitors with a time of 20.29 seconds to also set a new Zambian record.
Kyle Greaux of Trinidad and Tobago and Filippo Tortu of Italy also qualified in 2nd and 3rd with times of 20.48 and 20.59 respectively.
Meanwhile, Mupopo, the Shepolopolo striker finished 2nd in heat 3 with a time of 50.60 seconds behind Phyllis Francis of the USA who won with a time of 50.37 second. But it was enough to see the youngster through to the finals tomorrow Wednesday , August 9.
And Siame told SuperSport that he was excited to have performed beyond expectations in his race.
“The season has been very good but I have been preparing for this race running in the 100 meters. This is my second race in the 200 meters and I am very happy with my performance,” said Siame.
The highlight of the 20-year-old Siame’s career as a sprinter came three years ago when he won Gold in China as a junior at the 2014 Youth Olympic Games that were held in Nanjing.
About Diggers Reporter
- Elephants coach sees Zambia, Namibia in CHAN final - 22 Jan 2018
- Judge recuses self from hearing M’membe’s case over Post liquidation - 18 Jan 2018
- M’membe challenges Post liquidation, sues ZRA - 17 Jan 2018
- Magistrate commits 11 to High Court for aggravated robbery trial - 17 Jan 2018
- Juvenile pleads not guilty to rape - 17 Jan 2018
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend