- by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Kondwani ruled out of CHAN away legBy Diggers Reporter on 9 Aug 2017
Injury has ruled out key Zambia utility midfielder Kondwani Mtonga from this weekend’s 2018 CHAN first leg away qualifier against Bafana Bafana.
The Zesco United defensive midfielder sustained an injury last Sunday after scoring a stoppage time goal for the league leaders in their 2-0 home win over Nakambala Leopards in Ndola.
Kondwani’s absence is a massive blow for Zambia where he a pivotal figure just in front of the back four.
“Kondwani has a very big cut on top of the left eye. He is out , we will miss him in midfield but we have replacements,” Zambia coach Wedson Nyirenda said.
Nyirenda said Green Buffaloes’ Jack Chirwa and Nkana defender Donashao Malama may take Kondwani’s place.
Kondwani is also set to miss Zesco’s home league game against Lusaka Dynamos on Thursday due to the same injury.
Meanwhile, goalkeeper Toaster Nsabata has been certified fit for Thursday’s trip to South Africa after recovering from an injury he sustained in Zanaco’s 1-1 home draw against Green Eagles on Monday.
“Toaster Nsabata is much better and trained on Wednesday morning. It is encouraging for us I think he is looking good,” Nyirenda said.
Meanwhile, Zambia depart for South Africa on Thursday for East London where the first leg, final round qualifier will be played on August 12.
The final leg decider is set for August 19 in Ndola.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend