- by Tenson Mkhala on 26 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 26 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Chipolopolo coach forgives Fwayo, Chama but not KalabaBy Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017
Chipolopolo coach Wedson Nyirenda has explained his decision to drop Zambia captain Rainford Kalaba and to instead recall Fwayo Tembo and Clatous Chama.
The trio were at the centre of a media storm over discipline that saw the Lusaka Dynamos duo of Chama and Fwayo including Power Dynamos defender Billy Mutale axed from Zambia duty from June to August.
Chama stormed off the pitch after he was substituted in Zambia’s 3-0 home win over Swaziland in July while Fwayo and Mutale skipped camp for the 2017 Cosafa Cup including a friendly away against Bafana Bafana on June 13.
Their crimes put pressure on Nyirenda to also punish Kalaba who also walked away from the bench after he was substituted in a 2019 AFCON qualifier 1-0 home loss against Mozambique in Ndola on June 10.
“The boys showed some remorse. We should understand one thing here; we are running an institution here and a human resource and it is our job to bring the boys into line,” Nyirenda said.
“They have come to their senses and life goes on.”
But Kalaba has not been so fortunate despite being eligible for the final leg against Algeria on September 5 after serving a one match suspension for the first leg in Lusaka on September 2 home leg.
Kalaba is on suspended for the first leg after accruing two yellow cards in the qualifiers.
“He is not part of the team for now and I have just also learnt that he has some yellow card issues. He is still part of the team and will come in at a later stage,” Nyirenda said.
With Kalaba out, Mamelodi Sundowns goalkeeper Kennedy Mweene will captain the team in September.Related Items
- Parliament should be able to detect, stop abuse of public resources – Speaker
- Political Parties Bill is evil – ZCSD
- Stop selling military regalia, Police warn salaula traders
- Car carrying G9 exam papers to Zambezi submerges in water
- Let Laura, others wait for police response on their planned demos – Katongo
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend