- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Chipolopolo coach forgives Fwayo, Chama but not KalabaBy Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017
Chipolopolo coach Wedson Nyirenda has explained his decision to drop Zambia captain Rainford Kalaba and to instead recall Fwayo Tembo and Clatous Chama.
The trio were at the centre of a media storm over discipline that saw the Lusaka Dynamos duo of Chama and Fwayo including Power Dynamos defender Billy Mutale axed from Zambia duty from June to August.
Chama stormed off the pitch after he was substituted in Zambia’s 3-0 home win over Swaziland in July while Fwayo and Mutale skipped camp for the 2017 Cosafa Cup including a friendly away against Bafana Bafana on June 13.
Their crimes put pressure on Nyirenda to also punish Kalaba who also walked away from the bench after he was substituted in a 2019 AFCON qualifier 1-0 home loss against Mozambique in Ndola on June 10.
“The boys showed some remorse. We should understand one thing here; we are running an institution here and a human resource and it is our job to bring the boys into line,” Nyirenda said.
“They have come to their senses and life goes on.”
But Kalaba has not been so fortunate despite being eligible for the final leg against Algeria on September 5 after serving a one match suspension for the first leg in Lusaka on September 2 home leg.
Kalaba is on suspended for the first leg after accruing two yellow cards in the qualifiers.
“He is not part of the team for now and I have just also learnt that he has some yellow card issues. He is still part of the team and will come in at a later stage,” Nyirenda said.
With Kalaba out, Mamelodi Sundowns goalkeeper Kennedy Mweene will captain the team in September.
About Diggers Reporter
- Mboozi’s absence from court forces magistrate to consider acquitting Nchima Nchito - 20 Nov 2017
- Magistrate commits Precious’ lover to the High Court - 20 Nov 2017
- Lungu to attend SADC meeting on Zim crisis - 20 Nov 2017
- Mumba Yachi’s stay in Zambia poses a danger to society – Immigration - 15 Nov 2017
- Chibamba clarifies his “offshore” remarks quoted by Lusaka Times - 15 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend