- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Mighty, Power draw elates WedsonBy Diggers Reporter on 10 Sep 2017
Zambia coach Wedson Nyirenda has praised 2nd placed Power Dynamos and struggling ‘Mighty’ Mufulira Wanderers for producing a quality game despite their varying status in Saturday’s 1-1 draw in Kitwe.
Nyirenda was in Kitwe on Saturday to monitor his Chipolopolo CHAN players in action predominately at Power in the match played at Arthur Davies Stadium.
Power dominated the first half bit could only score one goal in the 9th minute through Jimmy Ndhlovu.
Fourth from last Wanderers returned from the break with more belief against a wasteful Power and equalised in the 48th minute through Guily Manziba.
The draw saw Wanderers maintain their unbeaten run against Power since they were promoted back in 2015 .
Wandrerers have three draws and as many wins against Power since ending their 10-year absence from the FAZ Super Division in 2015.
“The rivalry will always continue to be there but this game was so special in that it pitted a team that, one: is fighting relegation, and very difficult team to beat in the name ‘Mighty’ Mufulira Wanderers, who are a big team in Zambian football,” Nyirenda said.
“And secondly, Power Dynamos are fighting for the championship, so it was an interesting game.
“That is why I had to come all the way from Lusaka to come and see what exactly is happening and especially to see the character of the players and also to look at the players who are passing through our
national team.”Related Items
- Stop selling military regalia, Police warn salaula traders
- Car carrying G9 exam papers to Zambezi submerges in water
- Let Laura, others wait for police response on their planned demos – Katongo
- Dialogue with Lungu will adress police brutality, Constitution lacunas – UPND
- PF used DCs, govt resources to campaign – Nalumango
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend