Two men suffocate while watching TV

TWO Lusaka residents have suffocated to death after they switched on a generator in an unventilated store room in order to watch TV.

In a statement yesterday, spokesperson Esther Katongo stated that the two were watching TV in a car wash store room when they met their fate.

“Police in Lusaka received a case of sudden death which happened on 28th February, 2017 at Ever Joy Car wash in Chipata Compound. The deceased have been identified as Isaac Songwe aged 25 and Erick Mulenga aged 30 who were found dead inside a storeroom at the car wash,” Katongo stated.

“It is reported that the deceased who were watching a television set had decided to switch on a generator in a room which had no air ventilators resulting the duo to suffocate and later died. The bodies are lying in UTH mortuary waiting for postmortem.”

And Katongo stated that four people believed to have been behind a spate of burglary and theft in Lusaka’s Chelstone township had been arrested.

“Following the numerous complaints from members of the public, police in the area carried out an operation which resulted in the arrest of four suspects identified as Twambo Muzyamba aged 26 of Madido in Chelstone, Pearson Shamutete aged 20 of Kamanga Compound, David Njovu aged 20 of Mtendere and Sodius Mwanza, 21 of Mtendere Compounds. Police also recovered various household goods believed to have been stolen,” stated Katongo.

Katongo asked residents who had been robbed to go to Chelstone Police Station to identify the recovered items.

Comment on article

Be the first to comment

Notify me of
avatar
4000
wpDiscuz

Send this to a friend