- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Two men suffocate while watching TVBy Mirriam Chabala on 1 Mar 2017
TWO Lusaka residents have suffocated to death after they switched on a generator in an unventilated store room in order to watch TV.
In a statement yesterday, spokesperson Esther Katongo stated that the two were watching TV in a car wash store room when they met their fate.
“Police in Lusaka received a case of sudden death which happened on 28th February, 2017 at Ever Joy Car wash in Chipata Compound. The deceased have been identified as Isaac Songwe aged 25 and Erick Mulenga aged 30 who were found dead inside a storeroom at the car wash,” Katongo stated.
“It is reported that the deceased who were watching a television set had decided to switch on a generator in a room which had no air ventilators resulting the duo to suffocate and later died. The bodies are lying in UTH mortuary waiting for postmortem.”
And Katongo stated that four people believed to have been behind a spate of burglary and theft in Lusaka’s Chelstone township had been arrested.
“Following the numerous complaints from members of the public, police in the area carried out an operation which resulted in the arrest of four suspects identified as Twambo Muzyamba aged 26 of Madido in Chelstone, Pearson Shamutete aged 20 of Kamanga Compound, David Njovu aged 20 of Mtendere and Sodius Mwanza, 21 of Mtendere Compounds. Police also recovered various household goods believed to have been stolen,” stated Katongo.
Katongo asked residents who had been robbed to go to Chelstone Police Station to identify the recovered items.Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten - Munir Zulu
- Lungu has taken Zambians for fools – Chipimo
- Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his class
- It's hard to believe Kambwili's accusations in the absence of evidence - Wynter
- Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend