- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017by Lulu Wood on 10 Nov 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Two men suffocate while watching TVBy Mirriam Chabala on 1 Mar 2017
TWO Lusaka residents have suffocated to death after they switched on a generator in an unventilated store room in order to watch TV.
In a statement yesterday, spokesperson Esther Katongo stated that the two were watching TV in a car wash store room when they met their fate.
“Police in Lusaka received a case of sudden death which happened on 28th February, 2017 at Ever Joy Car wash in Chipata Compound. The deceased have been identified as Isaac Songwe aged 25 and Erick Mulenga aged 30 who were found dead inside a storeroom at the car wash,” Katongo stated.
“It is reported that the deceased who were watching a television set had decided to switch on a generator in a room which had no air ventilators resulting the duo to suffocate and later died. The bodies are lying in UTH mortuary waiting for postmortem.”
And Katongo stated that four people believed to have been behind a spate of burglary and theft in Lusaka’s Chelstone township had been arrested.
“Following the numerous complaints from members of the public, police in the area carried out an operation which resulted in the arrest of four suspects identified as Twambo Muzyamba aged 26 of Madido in Chelstone, Pearson Shamutete aged 20 of Kamanga Compound, David Njovu aged 20 of Mtendere and Sodius Mwanza, 21 of Mtendere Compounds. Police also recovered various household goods believed to have been stolen,” stated Katongo.
Katongo asked residents who had been robbed to go to Chelstone Police Station to identify the recovered items.Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend