- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 23 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
ZNBC workers down tools, demand salariesBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 28 Mar 2017
ZNBC employees at Mass Media and Kitwe Studios have gone on a sit-in protest, demanding payment of their March salaries.
Mass Media employees were first to begin the protest around 08:00 hours and their Kitwe colleagues joined them around 10:00 hours.
They have been sitting outside their offices since morning where they even had lunch.
“The pay day according to the collective agreement, is the 21st of every month. The last time we got paid on that date was 2013 when Chibamba Kanyama was Director General. This trend of delayed salaries has been going on for too long,” complained one of the ZNBC employees.
But ZNBC Corporate Affairs Manager Masuzyo Ndhlovu has appealed to all members of staff to remain calm as management will soon clear their March salaries.
“ZNBC management is appealing to all members of staff to remain calm and management is doing everything possible to mop up funds to pay the workers their March salaries,” said Ndhlovu.
“ZNBC is a sensitive institution and has an important role to play in the country in as far as information dissemination is concerned and we cannot afford at this stage to down the tools.”Related Items
- Lungu expels Kambwili, Musenge from PF
- I'm a threat to the sole candidate - Kambwili
- PF is being run by frustrated SG and deputy, they wanted to be ministers - youths
- Russia to deliver 4 superjets to Zambia in 2018, plus one for Head of State - Media
- Kapata mocks Lusaka Mayor over suggestion to bury Zesco cables
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend