- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
DEC nabs Ex-RTSA accountant for theftBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 8 Apr 2017
The Drug Enforcement Commission has arrested a 42-year-old former accountant of the Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) for stealing over K90 thousand from the agency.
In a statement, DEC Spokesperson Theresa Katongo disclosed that Cecilia Muntemba of Plot No. 184 Gardenia Avondale in Lusaka, was arrested through the DEC Anti-Money Laundering Investigations Unit, adding that she had been charged with theft by public servant and money laundering contrary to the laws of Zambia.
“Particulars of the offence are that Cecilia Muntemba on dates unknown but between 1st January, 2013 and 31st June, 2014 jointly and whilst acting together with other persons unknown, did steal K91, 158 from the Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) where she used to work as a Revenue Officer,” Katongo said.
Katongo also revealed that the suspect was currently on police bond and would appear in court soon.
Meanwhile the Commission in various parts of the country arrested 40 people for unlawful cultivation and trafficking in narcotic and psychotropic substances weighing 2.4 tonnes.
Katongo said those arrested and jointly charged included Steven Micheal Masungwa, 22, a Cobbler of Mwaka area in Tunduma, Tanzania and Emmanuel Ndalusia Mweipuja, 27, a vendor of Nyamwanga area in Tunduma Tanzania, both Tanzanian nationals for trafficking in 10 sachets of heroin.
“The two suspects were apprehended from Chiyanga black market in Nakonde District,” said Katongo.
“Others arrested include Friday Chanda, 35, of Chanda village in Serenje District, Selita Moonga, 49, of Chiyaba village in Chibombo District, Betty Mashinga, 34, of Mafula area in Kabompo District, Morris Mukonde, 50, of Matelo village in Kawambwa District, Augustine Mwewa, 41, Dennis Mwaange, 32 and Simon Bupe, 32 all of 47 miles farm block in Kawambwa District. Liwoyo Liwoyo, 44, of Chisanga area in Mongu District, Mwakoi Namakando, 49, of Mwakoi village in Kaoma District, Douglas Chiyanda, 37, of Munsaka village in Kalomo District and Chifumu Banda, 26, of Titus village in Lundazi District.”
She added that all suspects would appear in court soon.
Last month, Police arrested RTSA human resource manager Roderick Mulenga and transport manager Joseph Mwaba for theft by servant. RTSA management however, pushed to resolve the case administratively.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- It’s hard to believe Kambwili’s accusations in the absence of evidence – Wynter - 23 Sep 2017
- Rampant fraud in govt contracts disgusts TIZ - 21 Sep 2017
- $42m for fire tenders also alarmed me until technocrats explained – Mwale - 20 Sep 2017
- Minister to explain controversial fire tenders in Parliament - 19 Sep 2017
- Only 4 constituencies in N/Western have received CDF since 2015 – Kambita - 19 Sep 2017
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten - Munir Zulu
- Lungu has taken Zambians for fools – Chipimo
- Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his class
- It's hard to believe Kambwili's accusations in the absence of evidence - Wynter
- Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend