- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Kapeso rebukes his L/stone deputy for having a soft spot for UPNDBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Apr 2017
Southern Province Police Commissioner Bonny Kapeso has condemned his Livingstone Deputy Commanding officer Makanga for having a soft spot for the opposition UPND.
And Kapeso has ordered all police officers in the province to use reasonable force on any person or groups which attempt to push the police against the wall.
Kapeso’s remarks came in the wake of a Free-HH protest in Livingstone today which was not disrupted by police.
“Firstly, the local command in Livingstone should be scolded and scolded in the strongest terms for allowing UPND cadres reach the police station with their placards without being arrested or dispersed. HH is not detained in Southern Province at Livingstone Central and I am highly disappointed with the leadership of the deputy officer commanding, Mr. Makanga for having a soft spot with the opposition,” Kapeso said.
He urged all police officers to support the government of the day and to pay their allegiance to President Edgar Lungu who is Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces.
“These are the officers who can’t rise to the challenge and deliver because of their hidden agenda. Once again, police are hereby ordered to use reasonable force to any person or groups of persons who will want to push the police against the wall in Southern Province,” said Kapeso.
“And any police officer showing inclinations to the opposition will be dealt with by my office with serious consequences, including Mr. Makanga. All police officers should support the government of the day and pay their allegiance to the President of the Republic of Zambia and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mr Edgar Chagwa Lungu. The incident in Livingstone this morning is highly regrettable and unacceptable under my leadership in Southern Province.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- New US Envoy pledges support towards electoral reforms - 15 Dec 2017
- I respect Lungu but I will insult him if he wants me to – Musenge - 14 Dec 2017
- PF cadres attack NDC officials at 5fm - 14 Dec 2017
- ZAM disapproves Pilato’s Koswe Mumpoto song - 13 Dec 2017
- COBUSU members have been suspended for causing riots – Luo - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend