by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 24 Mar 2018by Abraham Kalito on 24 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
- Guest Diggers
Lawyers debate Kasonde impeachment motionBy Joseph Mwenda on 29 Apr 2017
LAZ members have assembled at Radison Blu this morning to vote for or against the current LAZ executive.
A motion was raised by lawyer Terrence Chabu, demanding that the LAZ executive must not chair the Extraordinary General Meeting because they may be conflicted, as they were facing a vote of no confidence.
But the floor took the view that the LAZ rules were clear that only the executive can chair such a meeting.
Lawyer Augustine Hamwela then raise a preliminary issue against the proposed vote of no confidence, arguing that the Law Association of Zambia Rules do not provide for the Law Association of Zambia executive to leave office through a vote of no confidence.
He argued that Rule 10 of the LAZ rules states that the executive stays for 2 years and that they can only vacate office on prescribed grounds including insanity and bankruptcy.
LAZ president Linda Kasonde who is chairing the meeting still allowed the motion to go ahead.
Kelvin Bwalya Fube, the mover of the motion then proposed that the matter is taken to arbitration.
More details coming up…
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Impeachment impossible – Amos - 24 Mar 2018
- UPND relying on Freemason powers to impeach Lungu – State House - 23 Mar 2018
- Auditor General must zero in on Presidential trips – TIZ - 19 Mar 2018
- Dickson Jere explains record high ZIALE pass rate - 18 Mar 2018
- Pick n Pay withdraws polony from stores after listeriosis outbreak in SA - 4 Mar 2018
- UPND relying on Freemason powers to impeach Lungu - State House
- Saturnia will be ordered to recall externalized funds - Mwanakatwe
- Kambwili admitted at CFB, fails to appear in court
- Insuring fire trucks at $250, 000 was unfair to Zambians, says PF MP
- Lusambo's arrogance defines Lungu's weakness, says Laura
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend