- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Lawyers debate Kasonde impeachment motionBy Joseph Mwenda on 29 Apr 2017
LAZ members have assembled at Radison Blu this morning to vote for or against the current LAZ executive.
A motion was raised by lawyer Terrence Chabu, demanding that the LAZ executive must not chair the Extraordinary General Meeting because they may be conflicted, as they were facing a vote of no confidence.
But the floor took the view that the LAZ rules were clear that only the executive can chair such a meeting.
Lawyer Augustine Hamwela then raise a preliminary issue against the proposed vote of no confidence, arguing that the Law Association of Zambia Rules do not provide for the Law Association of Zambia executive to leave office through a vote of no confidence.
He argued that Rule 10 of the LAZ rules states that the executive stays for 2 years and that they can only vacate office on prescribed grounds including insanity and bankruptcy.
LAZ president Linda Kasonde who is chairing the meeting still allowed the motion to go ahead.
Kelvin Bwalya Fube, the mover of the motion then proposed that the matter is taken to arbitration.
More details coming up…
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Police ‘condemn’ beating of CBU student, but deny killing him - 11 Dec 2017
- UNHCR begs for funding as more Congolese flee into Zambia - 11 Dec 2017
- LAZ STATEMENT ON “MISLEADING MEDIA REPORTS” AGAINST THE ASSOCIATION - 11 Dec 2017
- Consent order between judge Nkonde and State is criminal – Changala - 9 Dec 2017
- More youths demand Mwila’s removal as Kamba defends PF boss - 6 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend