- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Police formally charge Mukata, ‘wife’ with murderBy Mukosha Funga on 12 May 2017
Police spokesperson Esther Mwaata-Katongo says UPND Chilanga member of parliament Keith Mukata and his ‘wife’ Chamine Musonda have finally been formally charged with the murder of Namakau Kalila Kwenda.
Updating the press on the development, Katongo said Charmine fell sick afterwards and she was taken to a private hospital where she remains admitted.
“Mr Keith Mukata and wife Charmine were yesterday, 11th May, 2017 jointly charged with Murder which is contrary to section 200 of Cap 87 of the Laws of Zambia and the docket has been pushed to National Prosecutions Authority for further dealing. They remain in police custody, however Charmine fell ill and was taken to a private hospital where she is admitted,” said Katongo.
Mukata allegedly shot dead Kwenda, his security guard who tried to intervene in a domestic quarrel at the accused person’s law firm in Lusaka on May 6, 2017.
Mukata had earlier refused to be charged for murder in the absence of his lawyers.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- DPP enters nolle in IG case against Tayali - 18 Aug 2017
- ZANASU drags Luo to court over threats to ban students unions - 17 Aug 2017
- Minister explains mandatory HIV testing policy - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release first step towards restoring democracy in Zambia – Maimane - 17 Aug 2017
- Freeing HH proves Judiciary is independent – PF - 16 Aug 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend