- by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
There’s no tension in Zambia: Police threaten to arrest social media usersBy Mukosha Funga on 20 May 2017
In this audio, Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja says there is no turmoil in Zambia and people should not be deceived by prophets of doom.
He also thanks members of the public for collaborating with police in safeguarding peace and security.
“As Zambia Police, we are working tirelessly to ensure that all those with ill-intentions of causing confusion in this country are quickly apprehended and arrested,” Kanganja says.
He further reveals that police have arrested several people who had been using social media to encourage others to engage in violence.
“We will not allow people to break the law with impunity. We have intensified patrols and we will also monitor bars as these have proved to be hideouts for criminals,” says Kanganja who also advises people not to move alone at awkward hours.
Kanganja further says police will always uphold human rights.
Take a listen:
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD - 20 Aug 2017
- We haven’t warned of a shutdown – Mopani - 19 Aug 2017
- Africa must unite and fight neo-colonialism – Mwila - 19 Aug 2017
- Awkward: Maimane rejects Lungu’s invitation to meet - 19 Aug 2017
- Maimane, Malema have accepted invitation to meet Lungu – Mwamba - 19 Aug 2017
- There’s more to UNZA students than stone-throwing, says Deputy VC
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend