- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
17 die in Luangwa bus accidentBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 May 2017
Seventeen people have died on the spot while 48 others sustained serious injuries in a Road traffic accident which happened on the Great East Road between Luangwa market and Luangwa bridge last night.
Police Spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo has confirmed the development and said the accident happened at about 21:08 hours after the driver of the Scania bus registration number ABP 6303 belonging to Kapena Transport which was Eastern bound failed to negotiate a curve causing it to fall into a ditch.
“The accident happened between Luangwa Market and Luangwa Bridge at about 21 08 hours after the driver of the Scania bus registration number ABP 6303 belonging to Kapena Transport which was Eastern bound failed to negotiate a curve making the bus to overturn,” Katongo disclosed.
“Among the dead are three juveniles, six male adults and eight female adults. The driver of the bus is among the 48 injured. The injured persons have since been admitted to Mumpashya and Katondwe Mission Hospitals respectively.”
She added that the bodies of the victims are being transported to the two above mentioned hospital mortuaries.
Katongo also appealed to members of the public who could have relatives on the bus to travel to Luangwa to help with identifying the bodies of the deceased.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- My ministry used part of its budget to buy office building – Chitotela - 22 Nov 2017
- National Parks department explains implications of suspending hunting permits - 22 Nov 2017
- Lungu appoints Kampamba, Chiliufya to replace Kambwili, Musenge as MCCs - 21 Nov 2017
- Summon Zesco so that we can be grilled together, Energy PS asks Public Accounts Committee - 21 Nov 2017
- NGOCC condemns cop for taking nude images of female detainees - 21 Nov 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend