- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
GBM undergoing surgery abroad, lawyer tells courtBy Diggers Reporter on 1 Jun 2017
THE Lusaka Magistrates Court has granted United Party for National Development vice-president Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba (GBM) a one-month adjournment to enable him undergo surgery abroad.
There has been speculation on GBM’s whereabouts of treason-accused Hakainde Hichilema’s vice, with many branding him a coward for his absence during such a critical time.
But when his case of proposing violence against President Edgar Lungu came up for trial on Monday, GBM’s lawyer Zevyanji Sinkala asked the court to adjourn the matter because his client was about to undergo an operation abroad and he needed about two months to recover.
“Your honour, we are asking for an adjournment due to the fact that the accused person in this matter is unwell and will soon be undergoing an operation. We are equally desirous to have the matter take off,” Sinkala said.
But the state, through Zalila Sakala objected saying there was no proof before the court to show that GBM was really sick.
Magistrate Tandose Chabala then asked the defense to provide a medical report to prove their claims.
GBM’s lawyer then produced the medical report after the matter was stood down for about five minutes.
But magistrate Chabala only granted the defense a one-month adjournment instead of the two-month adjournment they had asked for.
“I have taken into account the submissions by both parties. I have seen the medical report and it shows that it was issued on April 19, 2017, and that the accused person is unwell. I hereby adjourn the matter to 30th June for trial,” said magistrate Chabala.
According to a medical report, issued at CFB Medical Centre, the hospital GBM had a knee complication for which he was advised to undergo surgery.
About Diggers Reporter
- Mboozi’s absence from court forces magistrate to consider acquitting Nchima Nchito - 20 Nov 2017
- Magistrate commits Precious’ lover to the High Court - 20 Nov 2017
- Lungu to attend SADC meeting on Zim crisis - 20 Nov 2017
- Mumba Yachi’s stay in Zambia poses a danger to society – Immigration - 15 Nov 2017
- Chibamba clarifies his “offshore” remarks quoted by Lusaka Times - 15 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend