by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 24 Mar 2018by Abraham Kalito on 24 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
- Guest Diggers
Inferno guts Choma Secondary SchoolBy Diggers Reporter on 6 Jun 2017
Fire yesterday swept through Choma Secondary School and destroyed property and personal effects belonging to school pupils under unclear circumstances.
According to a Byta FM news crew that visited the school, part of the boys’ dormitory was burnt down in a fire which started around 11:00Hours.
Although no loss of life was immediately reported, some parents vented their anger at the school administration, accusing the teachers of trying to sweep the matter under the carpet.
A fuming parent last evening claimed that Choma Secondary School Head teacher Samuel Mudenda had cautioned teachers and pupils never to disclose anything to their parents about the accident, which is said to have been caused by an electric fault.
The parent complained that the school administration did not find alternative sleeping places for the affected pupils, but instead left them unattended.
Meanwhile, Provincial Education Officer (PEO) Florence Chikalekale who was found at Choma Secondary School after the incident, refused to comment on the matter, claiming she had no information despite having been earlier briefed by the Headmaster.
After being pressed further , Chikalekale referred all questions to the school headteacher who said the administration would issue a statement at an appropriate time after exhausting established channels of communication.
About Diggers Reporter
- Bauleni mob descends on ‘ritual killer’ - 23 Mar 2018
- Printing ballots locally is about sovereignty, national security – PF - 22 Mar 2018
- HH is a contraceptive for unity, dialogue – Nakacinda - 22 Mar 2018
- Kafue residents rise as govt turns ‘3 million’ hectares of land to commercial - 21 Mar 2018
- It’s unfair to mislead Zambians that all is well – Mweetwa - 19 Mar 2018
- UPND relying on Freemason powers to impeach Lungu - State House
- Saturnia will be ordered to recall externalized funds - Mwanakatwe
- Kambwili admitted at CFB, fails to appear in court
- Insuring fire trucks at $250, 000 was unfair to Zambians, says PF MP
- Lusambo's arrogance defines Lungu's weakness, says Laura
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend