- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Daniel Chansa on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 17 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Woman kills nephew with cooking stickBy Mirriam Chabala on 7 Jun 2017
Police have apprehended a 33-year-old woman of Lusaka’s Garden Compound for allegedly murdering her 23-year-old nephew for “being fond of having affairs with prostitutes.
And Police in Muchinga Province have arrested a 15-year-old boy for allegedly having canal knowledge of a she-goat.
Police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo confirmed this in a statement today.
“This happened yesterday, 06th June, 2017 at about 10 30 hours. The deceased has been identified as Mike Ngwenyama aged 23 while the suspect has been identified as Eunice Ngwenyama. It was reported that the accused person who is an aunt to the victim had passed through the victim’s house on her way to look for pieces of work where she found her nephew with a girl friend. The suspect queried her nephew on why he was fond of having relationships with prostitutes, the sentiment which angered her nephew and a fight ensued,” Katongo stated.
“In the process, the suspect picked a cooking stick and hit the victim in the head and he fell to the ground. He was taken to Garden Police Post by members of the public where he was issued with a medical report but died on the way to Chipata first level hospital. The accused is currently detained in police custody and will be charged with murder contrary to section 200 of the Penal Code Cap 87 of the Laws of Zambia while the body of the deceased is in Chipata first level Hospital mortuary.”
And police in Muchinga Province have arrested a juvenile for having canal knowledge of a she-goat.
“In Muchinga Province, we have arrested a male juvenile aged 15 of Kuku village, Chief Chikwanda in Mpika District for allegedly having canal knowledge of a she-goat. This occurred yesterday 06th June, 2017 at about 08:00 hours at Kuku village when the goats were left tied for grazing in the nearby bush. Veterinary officers are yet to examine the Goat. The suspect will be charged with Bestiality which is contrary to section 155 (b) of the Penal Code, Cap 87 of the Laws of Zambia,” she stated.
Meanwhile, Katongo stated that a man of Kabeke Village drowned after a canoe carrying fishermen capsized on Lake Mweru.
“In Luapula Province, a male adult of Kabeke village in Chief Nshimba identified as Joseph Mtonga aged 21 drowned while two others swam to safety after a dugout canoe carrying three fishermen capsized on Lake Mweru after a strong wave hit the canoe. This occurred yesterday, 06th June, 2017. The body of the victim was retrieved and has since been buried,” stated Katongo.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Criminal activities have become sophisticated – FIC - 14 Dec 2017
- TAZARA workers resume work after one week strike - 13 Dec 2017
- Some people pay US$5,000 to get honorary degrees – Luo - 13 Dec 2017
- Zambia can double 2018 tax collection target if there’s compliance – Kanyama - 13 Dec 2017
- D/Speaker rebukes Makebi for challenging ConCourt ruling - 12 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend