- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
PF planned graveyard ambush on UPND – KatukaBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 30 Jun 2017
UPND Secretary General Stephen Katuka says what happened at Leopards Hill memorial park on Saturday during the burial of late Clance Zulu was a well planned ambushed by PF thugs.
Speaking during a press conference at the UPND Secretariat in Lusaka yesterday, Katuka demanded that President Lungu and the PF apologises to the family of late Clance Zulu.
“We wish to place it on record that there was no clash but that we as UPND were victims of an aggressive ambush attack by the PF cadres who carried assorted weapons as opposed to various state controlled media statements deliberately quoting Zambia Police and PF senior officials alleging there was a clash between the UPND and PF at the burial ground. Let me make this clear from the onset that what happened last Saturday was a pure planned ambush by the PF thugs on the UPND mourners and other different mourners who were at Memorial park at the time because they carried assorted weapons to the graveyard,” Katuka said.
“What PF did on Saturday was shameful. It is unZambian to invade a cemetery and start beating mourners and lobbying mourners, actually PF and Edgar Lungu should apologise to the family of Clance Zulu and the nation. Edgar Lungu should also instruct the police to immediately arrest and not counsel the culprits. Late Levy Mwanawasa set a precedence and did not tolerate any lawlessness even from his party MMD. That is the legacy he left behind and we shall always remember him. With all this, what legacy shall Edgar Lungu leave behind after he leaves office?”
Katuka also said he was disappointed with Home Affairs Minister Stephen Kampyongo’s statement in Parliament where he failed to categorically blame his cadres for the attack.
“We are very much disappointed with Home Affairs Minister Stephen Kampyongo’s statement in parliament that the event was a clash. He failed to categorically blame his cadres for the attack. This just shows that the PF leadership is not in control of its own members,” said Katuka.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Chisamba woman kills step daughter, buries her at home - 17 Oct 2017
- ACC must publish findings on Kambwili – Mwila - 17 Oct 2017
- UPND demands formal invitation for HH to attend prayer day - 16 Oct 2017
- US Embassy give $55,000 grant to 6 Zambian communities - 16 Oct 2017
- Chiefs must help heal Zambia, not aggravate division – Shakumbila - 15 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend