- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Police arrest prime TV journalist Mark SimuweBy Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017
Prime TV proprietor Gerald Shawa says police have arrested TV news analyst Mark Simuwe on unexplained charges.
Explaining the development to News Diggers! Shawa said he was not aware of the reporter’s whereabouts, adding that reports suggest he was taken to Nakonde where he was allegedly charged with smuggling a car four years ago.
“Mr. Simuwe was arrested at the University of Zambia and briefly detained at hands worth police post. According to information obtained, Mr. Simuwe has been accused of having smuggled a BMW car into Lusaka from Nakonde in 2013. Mr. Simuwe was reported to have been detained at central police station but a check at the police station revealed that he was not there,” Shawa stated.
“Later it was learnt that Mr. Simuwe has been taken to Nakonde over the same charge. But when contacted for a comment Police spokesperson Ester Mwata Katongo said she had not yet received a report regarding Mr. Simuwe’s arrest.”
Shawa stated that earlier this year Simuwe was abducted and beaten by unknown people.
“Early this year Mr. Simuwe was abducted and beaten and later left for dead in a drainage within Lusaka by unknown people,” stated Shawa.
“And speaking in an interview with Prime TV news, a lady by the name of Eunice Simpalo, who accompanied Mr. Simuwe at the police post explained that Mr. Simuwe’s Lawyers were never given any chance to say anything as the reporter was bundled in a small vehicle and driven away.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets - 20 Aug 2017
- Zambians make fun of mandatory HIV testing - 18 Aug 2017
- Tendai Biti regrets fall of Zambia’s democracy - 16 Aug 2017
- They raided my son’s office, not mine – Mulongoti - 15 Aug 2017
- Lungu’s oil exploration launch in legal tumble - 13 Aug 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend