by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
It’s difficult to understand PF’s intolerance of LAZ – AndyfordBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017
People’s Alliance for Change (PAC) president Andyford Banda says it is difficult to understand why those in the PF government react sharply whenever the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) issues a statement.
In an interview with News Diggers today, Banda accused the ruling party of being allergic to criticism.
“The Law Association of Zambia were very correct and they were very objective but most PF members where over reacting to that statement. I personally read the LAZ statement, I also read the full statement from the minister of information. I don’t understand why people would want to react like that. The point is that the PF are allergic to the views that they think are against them, they just want views that praises them,” Banda said.
“Anything that does not praise them, they are against it, they are against divergent views and that is the reason why they were reacting like that. I don’t know why this government over reacts when LAZ issues a statement.”
And Banda observed that there was already a lot of abuse of powers by the police during the Threatened State of Emergency.
“We have heard of a few reports of abuse of power by the police, they are not following the guidelines. We still believe that this situation could have been handled in another way as opposed to invoking Article 31. The apprehension is not just coming from the Zambian people but even the international community. They have also expressed concern with a number of happenings in Zambia. The truth of the matter is that all those things are politically motivated. I think there is no secret at the moment,” said Banda.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi - 20 Sep 2019
- We’re poorly funded to fight all corruption – ACC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambia plans maize exports to DRC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambeef driver commits suicide - 19 Sep 2019
- 2020 budget should clear K1.2 billion owed to medical suppliers, demands PSZ - 18 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,209 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,976 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,779 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,295 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (989 views)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend