- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 17 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Gap between Lungu, HH narrowing – ObasanjoBy Diggers Reporter on 6 Aug 2017
Former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo says he sees the gap between incarcerated UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema and President Edgar Lungu narrowing.
Obasanjo told journalists at State House after briefing President Lungu on his visit to Mukobeko that he was committed to ensuring there was peace in Africa.
“I see that the gap between the opposition leader, Hakainde Hichilema and His Excellency the president is narrowing and I think that we can move the country forward and put the issues of 2016 behind us. As an elderly African state’s man, I remain fully committed to ensuring that peace, stability are at progress and continue to exist, not just in Zambia but in all the 53 countries in Africa,” Obasanjo said.
Obasanjo condemned HH’s actions in the Mongu motorcade incident.
“I have looked at some of the videos regarding presidential motorcade and that of the opposition leader – are quite overboard. I think it should not be like that,” he said.
Obasanjo also thanked President Lungu for allowing him to visit HH with whom he had a two-hour long discussion.
“I am happy that His Excellency allowed me to visit and I had a two hour discussion with the opposition leader. I brought into his attention various issues regarding the need to uphold peace, unity and stability of the country,” said Obasanjo.
“I get an impression from the opposition leader, that 2016 is no longer an issue but about what happens in the future and how can we do things better.”
About Diggers Reporter
- Residential plots under Zesco poles shock Kapata - 14 Oct 2017
- Benos and Reeves fought over his accusations of cheating – Witness - 13 Oct 2017
- Drop murder charge, Mukata asks court - 13 Oct 2017
- Dickson donates 20 computers to Matero school - 12 Oct 2017
- Police finally charge Precious’ boyfriend with murder - 11 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend